11- Running Wild

A/N

Got a couple of exams lined up for the next two weeks. So don't expect anymore updates.

And thank you for your valueable votes and comments on the last chapter and excuse me for my inability to respond to them personally.🙃

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________

Arni sent a silent prayer to the upper heavens just before her class teacher opened her mouth.

Vidhi in a honey laced tone- "Well you see, Mr. Rawte, she's a good child...just a bit misguided I am afraid."

Arjun frowned and looked at Arni who was looking everywhere but at him.

"What do you mean, Miss Khanna?"

Vidhi smiled- " Nothing tho stress about Mr. Rawte! She is just a bit mischevious. I mean abhi last week ki hi baat hai, her Social Science teacher, went out of the class for a while and inhone unke book ke beech ek plastic lizard rakh di! She nearly got a heart attack when she opened it!" She shook her head and laughed.

Arjun was perplexed. A bit more by the teacher's casual behaviour than Arni's prank.

"Is that true,Arnika?" he asked in a normal voice. No matter how mad he was at her, he won't show his displeasure infront of a third person. Kids this age are quite sensitive about that. He had read that in the 35th chapter of the '101 ways to be an ideal parent' book last night. He cleared his mind of those thoughts and looked expectantly at Arnika.

In response, she just looked down. Only if that bitch Varnika wouldn't have snitched to the teacher, she would have gotten away scott free! She mentally reminded herself of her plan of revenge. She'll surely execute it this week!

Vidhi interrupted - "Aree what will she say? She didn't even admit it to the teacher that she did something like that."

Arjun frowned. "Check the CCTV camera, then!" Wasn't it obvious?

Vidhi shook her head- "Nahi, Mr. Rawte! Let it be. Agar yeh baat principal Tak pahuchi to she might get in some serious trouble!" The truth being that she didn't want to put her class' reputation at stake.

Arjun raised his eyebrow. Didn't she deserve to get in trouble? He looked at Arnika who gave him a pleading look. He certainly won't let it go but he'll just agree with the so called teacher this once.

Vidhi- "She has the potential to be one of the best students of her grade only if she cuts down on her shenanigans."

Arjun nodded- "I'll surely have a talk with her."

Arnika gave him a side eyed glance. That 'talk' sounded scary. She had always wanted her father to attend her meetings but not like this. He had literally come here to listen to her complaint. And this class performance by class teacher shit wasn't helping either!

Vidhi shook her head- "You see, Mr. Rawte, parents baccho ka behaviour school me toh manage nahi kar sakte na? Ab woh school toh aate nahi unke saath. So aapko mujhe hi inki mummy banana hoga."

Arjun- "Excuse me?"

Arni choked on oxygen listening to that.The woman's sweet words combined with that repetitive batting of eyelids made sense now. At that moment, she wanted nothing but to throw the glass of water on her face.

Vidhi gave a nervous laugh- "I mean teachers are second parents. Especially, class teacher. I act as her mother in the school. Only if she respects and listens to me like one! Samjhaiye isse."

Arjun raised his eyebrow. "You are her 'class teacher'. You must know how to make her listen to you. I am sure you don't go around urging other parents to do the same, Ms. Khanna."