3-Plans & Tantrums

First update of 2024 guyz! A bit short though.

Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________

Arnika was sitting on Kashvi's bed in Indian style and kept her face on her hands. Both Kashvi and Kavin were giving her an analyzing look while she had a serious, determined look on her face.

Kavin- "Are you sure about this?"

Arnika- "Absolutely"

Kashvi unsure- "Can we do this?"

Kavin/Arnika with a roll of their eyes- "Of course!"

Kashvi shrugged. Both her brother and best friend were too overconfident for their own good!

Arnika looked at Kavin expectantly- "So the plan is?" she asked him with a twinkle in her eyes.

Kavin gave her a nervous look. "Woh toh tujhe pata hoga na."

Arnika's smile completely vanished off her face.

Arnika-"Bade confidence se bola tha na tune "ofcourse " ab kya hua?"

Kavin- "Ha toh tune bhi toh bola!"

Arnika huffed angrily and laid on the bed dejectedly. Kashvi and Kavin gave each other a knowing look. They felt bad for their friend. Both of them lied on her opposite side and the trio looked at the star covered ceiling of the room.

Kashvi- "Tu sad mat ho. Hum koi na koi plan bana lenge. Chachu will definitely talk to you."

Kavin- "Though I am not sure ki tujhe unse baat hi kyun karni hai? I mean mujhe toh woh dekhte hai tab bhi dar lagta hai! Baat karne me toh--"

Arnika/Kashvi- "Shut up Kavs!"

Kavin had no control on his tongue. He spoke what he felt without any filters. Arnika was too accustomed to his behaviour to take any offence. Plus most of the times he spoke nonsense! 

Kashvi- "Guys! We need to come up with a plan."

"Kaisa plan?" a voice startled them from the front. All three sat up immediately with a nervous look on their faces. It was Tanvi who gave them a suspicious look. 

Tanvi- "Koi gadbad ki planning ho Rahi hai kya?"

Arni/Kavin/Kashvi- "Nahi mumma/masi."

Tanvi raised her eyebrow but let it go. She smiled warmly and said,

"Chalo niche aa jao. Dinner kar lo."

The three of them nodded and sighed in relief once she left.

"Again why exactly did we lie?" Arnika asked confused.

Kavin rolled his eyes. This one was a bit of a tubelight.

Arnika- "If we tell her about our plan then..she's gonna help us..."

Kavin- "Yeah right! Help us! Think again Arnika Moron Rawte!"

Arnika frowned. She still didn't understand. So she gave him an offended look in return.

Kashvi interrupted – "Dumbo! We'll have to play by the book then."

Realisation hit Arnika. This meant only one thing. Her oversmart friends already had a plan in their mind.

Arnika- "What's the plan,guys?"

Kashvi and Kavin looked at each-other. They had decided that they'll not share the plan with Arnika in the first place and rather think of other...less risky plans. However fate had it the other way. They shook their heads and told her the plan.