Chapter 29: Will you be my friend?

"Your Majesty," a maid knocked on the door.

Emera was working on documents sent from Averlyon that needed to be reviewed within two days.

"What is it?" Emera asked, gazing up from her stack of papers.

"The crown prince has requested an audience with you."

"Alright. Tell him to wait in the audience room. I'm coming," Emera said, removing her glasses as she walked toward the audience room.

"Your Highness!" Emera exclaimed upon seeing Yuden's silhouette seated on the couch.

Yuden rose and greeted the queen dowager with a respectful bow.

"Good morning, Your Majesty."

"What brings you here?" Emera asked as she took a seat in front of Yuden.

Yuden sat back in his seat.

"I wish to take Princess Zahra outside today," he said with a bright smile.

"Then go and take her for a walk in the garden. The garden is pretty big," Emera smiled brightly.

Yuden chuckled.

"Your Majesty, I am talking about taking her outside, not within the palace but to a fancy restaurant for dinner."

Emera furrowed her eyebrows, displeased with the idea.

"You know she might try to escape again," she sighed. "I can't go through the trouble of trying to find her again."

"She won't. She already made a deal with you. She seems to dislike people who break their words, so I'm certain she won't do the same," Yuden confidently stated.

"I hope nothing wrong will happen this time," Emera mumbled.

"So, can I bring her out tonight?" Yuden nervously asked.

He tried to convince her; however, he wasn't sure if what he said was even valid. He just wanted to keep his promise to Zahra. When she got a good grade on her calligraphy exam, she asked to be able to get out of the palace for at least a few hours.

"Yes," Emera hesitantly nodded.

"Thank you so much, Your Majesty!" Yuden exclaimed.

Layla, who was passing by, overheard their conversation.

Filled with rage, she glared at Yuden.

"How can he do this to me?!" She thought. "He only cares about the alliance after all. Well, I'm not the type to let things go as you plan, Crown Prince. I hope you will remember how I always spoiled your plans," She sneered.

The day had quickly passed for Yuden. He didn't realize it was already 6 pm when he looked at his watch after a long day of work at his office.

He had to deal with office work. King Aiden would soon have to retire due to his age, so Yuden had to take over all the work slowly.

"Prepare the car," Yuden ordered his assistant as he walked into the lift.

Once Yuden reached the parking area, his driver was already waiting for him inside the car.

Yuden entered the car.

"Go to the Throrens."

The driver nodded respectfully and started driving to the Ruby Palace, given to the Throren family during their stay in the capital of Yurania.

After a drive, which seemed eternally long to Yuden, they arrived at the Ruby Palace.

He stepped out of the car and walked inside the palace.