Chapter 7- Filthy Bl00d

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE!

"So... I heard some interesting news," Yuden said as he wiped his gun with a white handkerchief, which quickly became stained with blood from Yuden's previous target. He fixed his intense gaze on the figure kneeling humbly before him.

Seated on a chair, Yuden smiled with his usual vacant eyes as he leaned closer to the bound man on the ground.

"I heard that you were plotting to revolt against the royal family?" he questioned the individual, raising his hand to gently lift the man's chin and locking eyes with him, creating an intense gaze.

The tied man quivered, his lips trembling before he could speak his mind, causing Yuden to grow impatient.

"Speak," Yuden coldly demanded, sending shivers down his opponent's spine.

"I-I was ordered to! I swear to God... they had offered me a large sum of money. And monsters have been attacking our villages and devouring whoever crosses their paths yet the royal family was preparing for the crown prince's engagement while my loved ones were dying—"

He was interrupted by Yuden, who pointed his gun directly at the man's forehead.

"Their names."

"I... I don't know," the trembling man replied, closing his eyes, for fear the crown prince might shoot him.

The man's words fell on deaf ears as Yuden stood up and raised the gun, his finger poised on the trigger.

"Then you're useless to me," he declared, his voice laced with finality. And with a single pull, the gunshot shattered the silence of the room.

The man fell to the ground, lifeless, his eyes forever sealed with fear.

Yuden threw his weapon on the floor beside the dead body and turned away, his expression unfaltering. He had no time for remorse; his world thrived on strength and power. That was the way royal politics worked.

"I cannot believe I'm trying everything in my power to save fools like you who let themselves get brainwashed easily," He said, staring at the corpse.

"Clean up," Yuden ordered, his voice echoing through the room.

The two men who had been standing silently behind him all along stepped forward, bowing their heads in obedience.

They were the loyal henchmen, ready to fulfill their master's commands without question.

As Yuden walked away from the dark room, he felt no remorse although that man was one of his own.

One among the people of Yurania whom he cherished. However, that didn't mean he would allow anyone to betray him. His merciless nature was one few knew.

Nevertheless, most of those who saw his dark side had already reached the world for the dead.

"My clothes have gotten dirty," he sighed. "Filthy blood," he muttered, making his way to his changing room a few feet away.

He entered the empty room that contained only closets filled with clothes. Only his clothes were inside, with some set aside for laundry while others were freshly cleaned and stored in his cupboard.

He selected a black shirt and put it on, muttering, "This will do," as he adorned his bright smile. After all, his smile was his signature.

Yuden retrieved his phone from his pocket and dialled a number.

"Greetings, Your Highness."

"Bring the car around. I'm leaving."

He ended the call and briskly walked out of the building.