Chapter 22- Caught!

"You?!" Zahra exclaimed as she saw Issac standing in front of her.

Her face brightened at the sight of his figure.

Issac quickly pushed her back inside the room and closed to door behind him.

"Shh!" He whispered.

"What are you doing here?! And how come you called me Princess Zahra?" Zahra asked, confused.

She furrowed her eyebrows once she saw the clock indicating 8 pm.

"It's late, Isaac!" She exclaimed.

"I couldn't stand not meeting you for days," Issac said, approaching Zahra.

Zahra's frown soon disappeared, lighting up her face.

"Do you know how hard it was the first week when I couldn't even contact you? And now you're telling me I won't be able to meet you until you can show your new family that you are worthy of being a princess? You are a princess no matter what to me!" Issac exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around Zahra's waist, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I know you're worried for me. But please try to understand." Zahra looked up at Isaac as she held him in her arms.

"Take a seat." Zahra pulled away from Issac's embrace and sat on the couch in her bedroom, patting the seat next to her.

Issac sighed and sat beside Zahra.

"Look, Isaac, it's true it's hard. It's hard for me too. But you saw right? I can't even escape them. I tried but they found me and brought me back. The reason why I came is cause even if I stay away from them, I'd be a burden to you. I'm not educated enough to have a decent job or anything. I can't bear to be a burden to you."

"But—"

"But? No buts. It is how it is." Zahra smiled.

"Tia..." Issac sighed. "I can never win an argument against you," he faintly smiled.

"How can you win an argument when you lost your heart to me?" Zahra chuckled.

Issac looked up at her blankly for a second.

"What's wrong?" Zahra asked, noticing his strange behaviour.

"Oh, nothing. You're right," he smiled warmly at her.

"Princess." Yuden's voice was heard from the other side of the door.

"Fuck! Why is this bastard here?!" Zahra frowned.

"Who's that?" Issac, confused, asked.

"Don't worry. Just ignore him."

"Princess Zahra."

Now, it was the Queen Dowager that was calling her.

"Even that old hag is here?! What the hell's going on?!" Zahra whispered. "Hide in the closet. Hurry!" Zahra opened the door of the closet.

Issac quickly nodded and followed Zahra's instructions.

Zahra took a deep breath and fixated herself.

She slowly opened the door.

"What's wrong?" Zahra asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I heard someone talking in this room," Layla stated while standing against the door, her arms crossed.

"Who? There's no one but me here!" Zahra shouted.

"Princess Zahra! You shouldn't shout like this!" Emera shrieked.

"Let me in. I need to check something," Yuden made his way into the bedroom.

"You have no right to check my room like this!"
Zahra protested as she hurriedly stood in front of Yuden, trying to stop him.