Nasal Issues - Chan

one of the top 3 requests from izdihar99 !!

-----------------------------------------

Chan's POV:

So... I shouldn't be keeping secrets. I mean, I do; a lot! But it feels wrong to hide a sickness, let alone a condition.

You see, lately, I've been having issues with my nose. Embarrassing.
Though it's gotten more serious. I find it hard to inhale and it stings when I breathe out.
To make matters worse, I can't find a way to have a comfortable slumber during the night. When I'm just about to doze off, my nostrils suddenly block and I can't breathe, which shakes me awake. Can you imagine the fear of losing your life just because you struggle to inhale?

Our group has a concert coming up overseas, and I still don't have the courage to admit my condition. I'll need to be able to take in proper breaths, though jumping around and dancing my butt isn't going to help whatsoever.

I'll tell my members, sooner or later.

----------------------------------------

The members are in their dance studio, revising and going over their choreography for the upcoming concert. Chan succeeds in hiding his condition, but as they continue to practice, Lee Know, the lead dancer, noticed something off about the hyung's posture and breathing.

"Yah, Channie-hyung! Are you doing okay?" he asks, rushing over to the leader.
The other surround him as he sits on the floor, his hands trembling and his head raised as potentially tries to catch his breath.
"Get his water bottle and an ice pack." Changbin orders the maknae Seungmin, who immediately obeys.
"Is he alright?" Han worries, though Felix reassures him.
"Don't worry, I'm good." Chan chuckles, yet internally he felt as if a ton of weight was being pressed against his chest. The hyung was out of breath, and was only able to take in air through a single nostril that was partially blocked from a cold.
"Let me sit down for a bit, and I'll join you guys later." he told them, and although they knew that Chan would always push himself to the full extent, something felt off this time. Despite their concerns, they nodded and patted him on the back before they returned the middle of the room to continue practicing.

As a few minutes pass, the leader manages to doze off, allowing them to mutter and share their worries.

"Don't you think he's hiding something from us again?" I.N questioned his members. "He's been a little different for the past few weeks, and don't mean mentally. I mean physically."
Hyunjin nods in agreement. "I.N has a point. Chan's been slacking when it comes to revising the choreos. Within 3 minutes he needs a break, when normally we take breaks every 10 to 20 minutes."
"I could talk to him tonight if you want. You know, see how he's doing and stuff." Felix suggested.
"Good idea. But for now let's not stress him out until he's ready to tell us what's going on." Lee Know replied. "We have our concert in 3 days, so that gives him enough time to spill the secrets he's been hiding."

------------------------------------------------

The doesangs all agree and get back to focusing on their dancing. Just then, Chan shoots up from the couch, out of breath and sweating, which again raises the concerns.
Immediately, they jog over, giving each other a glance as if they were very sure something was up with the hyung.
After assisting him, they stare at him, waiting for a response.
"Is... everything okay..?" he coughs, sounding oblivious.

"You're not telling us something, Channie-hyung," Felix began. "We all know that there's something wrong with you."
The leader's eyes widen in shock. Had they found out his secret?
"What do you mea-
"You're either sick or you haven't been taking care of yourself." Seungmin interrupted.
"I'm fine, I swear. I just have a little cold, that's all."
"Your nose doesn't look runny to me," Changbin frowned. "And besides, a 'little' cold would mean you would be sneezing and coughing, yet your only symptom is being out of breath."
"It's been going on for too long, to the point where we've grown suspicion of you. Like... you don't trust us enough to tell us what's going on." Han continued.
The hyung stood up, a crashing wave of dizziness overwhelming him from sitting down for too long. Ignoring the truthful accusations, he walked out of the studio, tired and pissed off.
The group fell silent, unsure if they went a bit too far.
"Maybe he did just have a small cold. People do react differently with one." Hyunjin muttered.
The younger Aussie tutted as he shook his head. He knew Chan wasn't telling them something. Felix was the one who the leader would spill all his concerns to, considering they both grew up living a similar life, so if Chan wasn't spilling anything this time, then there was definitely a problem.
He wanted to help his hyung overcome whatever it was that he was battling, but at the same time, Felix didn't want ambush him. So instead, he kept a look out for anything that seemed out of the ordinary for Chan.