Asthma - Lee Know

requested by : ZHCPCEO.

tw:
- asthma
- hospital
- fainting

-------------------------

Lee Know's POV:

I honestly wished to sleep right now.
We have so much to do, yet it's like time is going slowly. We have concerts to do in South Korea and Japan, interviews, and rehearsals.

I don't know how the other members could keep up. To be honest, it felt like I was the only one silently suffering while the rest were energetic and enthusiastic with the schedule.

Being the second oldest, I expect myself to be a role model for the maknaes. Which is why I never told the members about my asthma. Having to do sharp movements and dances was hard enough. Now, going on stage, I had to perfect everything. One thing wrong could cause a whole meme. I try my best.

But it's hard. It's really hard.

------------------------------

The members were backstage, preparing to go on stage in 5 minutes. Everyone was so focused on Han, as he was having a panic attack, that no one noticed Lee Know struggling to breath.

Han: Hey, hey, I'm alright guys. Thank you.

Chan: No worries, Han.

Director: Everyone on stage please!!

Felix: Where's Lee Know?

Lee Know: I'm - I'm.. here.

I.N: Are you okay? What's going on hyung?

Lee Know: Nothing.. just did a quick exercise. I'm fine, honestly.

I.N: Alright, but you look like you need some water.

Director: I.N, Lee Know! On stage, please.

Lee Know: Sorry. I'm okay Jeongin, don't worry.

----------------------

The last two made their way into the stage. Lee Know took a deep breath, knowing that he was about to go through hell. His breathing was shallow, but he had to hide it from the other members. He didn't want them to be concerned about him.

As the lights turned on, a wave of cheers and applause filled the arena.

Something Lee Know didn't need right now.

The noise of fans felt excruciating in his head. The whole thing was a blur. Despite how he was feeling, the ill hyung put on an act for Stays. Within Chan's speech, he felt as if his lungs were clogged, his throat sore and tight.

Then the first song began.

Somehow, the pain had calmed down a bit, enough for Lee Know to dance, but the sharp movements limited his breathing.

As they froze in their ending position, the ear-splitting screams and clapping of Stays shook Lee Know. What was going on with him?

He had struggled with breathing problems for as long as he could remember, but it was never this bad.

The sick and exhausted hyung couldn't take it anymore. His vision had become black. And his legs gave way as he lost his balance.

-------------------------

"Minho, please wake up, please." Han whispered, the cracks in voice sensing that he was crying.
Lee Know eyes started fluttering open.
A sigh of relief came from someone else, though it was difficult to tell who it was, considering his condition.
"Lee Know, you okay?"
His eyes now opened.

"Where- where am I..?" the hyung managed to ask, though his throat was throbbing.
"Don't worry, you're okay now". It was Chan. Thank God him and Minho were here, he thought.
Lee Know took a glimpse of his surroundings. He was in a hospital room.