Body Dysmorphia- Changbin

tw:

- fatigue
- stress
- suffocation
- broken bone
------------------------------------------------------

Changbin's POV:,

Two more days. Just two more. Two days left to get into shape. Something that's not working for me.
I've been on hiatus for a while since the rumours came out about me 'apparently' dating another K-pop star within a different entertainment. Yes, I was quite pissed, but what made me even more heartbroken was the flood of terrible and nasty comments that people left under our group's recent YouTube video. And they just happen to be all about me.

'Did Changbin gain weight?'

'He looks way fatter than his pre-debut self!'

'There are more calories in your stomach than in the local supermarket!'

'Why are his arms so... chubby? Some
Stays are blind if they're calling it muscles.'

'I would kill myself if I looked like Changbin.'

As much as my members tried to console, it didn't work whatsoever. I felt ashamed and isolated. Countless times I glared at myself in the mirror yet it seemed as if I had a different imperfection somewhere on my body each time.
I'm not perfect.
I'll never be perfect.

----------------------------------------------------

Changbin had been dealing with a lot lately. His hectic schedule, the pressure of being an idol, and personal issues had taken a toll on him. He would spend most of his days at the dorm while on hiatus, trying to find solace in the comfort of his own space. His members, Felix, Hyunjin, and Han, were aware of his distress and would often check up on him.

One day, Changbin watched as his members left the dorm to film an SKZ-CODE video. Normally, he would expect Felix or Hyunjin to notice his peculiar behavior, but to his surprise, it was Han who kept an eye on him. Changbin remained in the living room, lost in his thoughts, unaware that Han was still in the house, preparing himself a cup of tea in the kitchen. He had told the others that he'd look after Changbin while they go film. At first, they didn't like the idea but they knew Changbin needed support, so they agreed.

Feeling restless, Changbin decided he needed an outlet for his emotions. Without hesitation, he rushed to the basement where their gym was located. As he descended the stairs, he didn't notice Han following behind him, unaware of Changbin's presence in the basement.

The gym was adorned with mirrors, reflecting the dimly-lit room and amplifying Changbin's insecurities. He scrutinized himself in one of the mirrors, his critical gaze fixating on his body. "I do look fat," he whispered to himself, his self-esteem plummeting. Determined to transform his physique, Changbin approached the deadlift machine.

Hours passed, and Han, growing concerned about Changbin, decided to investigate. 'It's been 4 hours, what the hell could he be doing?'
Making his way down to the basement, he caught sight of Changbin toiling away, lost in his intense workout. 'Yah, that's enough exercise for a day! You need to get some rest.' he exclaimed, peeking through the stair fence. His words didn't seem to reach the hyung as he continued to work out.
However, just as Han reached the bottom of the stairs, disaster struck.

The weight of the deadlift machine proved too much for Changbin's exhausted body, and it fell onto his chest and neck. Panic and pain coursed through him as he struggled to breathe, his gasps becoming more desperate. Han's eyes widened at the sight before him, adrenaline coursing through his veins.

With an unparalleled determination, Han rushed over to Changbin's aid.
'Shoot! I told you to stop, hyung!'
Despite the immense weight bearing down on Changbin, Han summoned all his strength to lift the heavy equipment off his struggling friend. Several agonizing seconds passed before he managed to free Changbin from the suffocating weight.