𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑡𝘩

𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐓: ほろば いさ子   on pixiv

𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐓: ほろば いさ子   on pixiv.net

Spoiler: nope

Warnings: nope

slowburn with plot

Text in italics emphasizes the reader's thoughts

Bold and italic text emphasizes Law's thoughts *~*

Being so deep in your thoughts, the voices of the two others sound like you're underwater. You haven't followed the conversation for a long time and you don't bother to join in as if it were just a normal day...

You can see a few servants working in the distance. Gardeners tending the plants and others going about their duties. Everyone has a smile on their face, the day is beautiful and life couldn't be easier.

So why do you want to leave?

As if you had some kind of urge. Your stomach feels heavy, as if you've eaten stones, but it's your gut that wants to tell you something. You just don't know what. You've always wondered why it's so important for the holy child to stay on Tanata. Why do we avoid the world?

Your reflection in the teacup shows you your tired eyes. You racked your brains all night but all you got from it was a nasty headache. Barely audible, you exhale deeply out your nose... who can give you the answers to your questions? With your head low, your eyes go carefully to your grandfather.

"Grandpa, can I ask you something?"

The conversation between the two stops abruptly and they both look at you, almost surprised.

"Of course my child, tell me, what's on your mind?" Your grandfather leans back, with a worried look on his face but with a touch of skepticism in his eyes.

"Did mother wanted to leave Tanata with my father back then?" Your voice a little colder than intended. Was she forced to stay too?

"No." The king laughed as he ran a hand through his beard. His gaze was distant, as if he had remembered something.