5

F

F.B.

Laying sprawled out on my hardwood floor I released a deep sigh. Lauren was with Regina I think and Dani was out of town helping her mother with business meanwhile I was bored out of mind.

I had taken notes, did all my homework for this week and the next, and scrolled through TikTok so much that they told me I needed a break from the app.

Chewing on my bottom lip I was thinking of things to do before I sat up coming up with an idea. I threw on my oversized hoodie over my tank top reaching to grab my keys and pink Stanley cup.

Walking out of my apartment I locked the door before going across the hall. Knocking three times I waited. Through the door, I could hear her yelling at somebody. My eyes widened. I was starting to regret this fast.

"Someone's at my door like I said figure it the fuck out!" She gritted out swinging the door open. Her brows furrowed seeing me and she looked me over before holding up a finger telling me to hold on. "I don't want to hear excuses! Find me what I need or you can take it up with the boss. Goodbye." She angrily hung up the phone before huffing and looking down at me.

Her stare was so intense and made me nervous. Where the hell did the boldness from the out last encounters go? Maybe it was the liquor.

"What's the matter?" She asked. I cleared my throat "I-um nothing really. I-I'm just...bored" This went much better in my head.

Looking around for a few seconds her eyes landed back on me. "I'm confused. What am I supposed to do about that?"

Ouch.

I shrugged and shifted my weight to my other foot. I almost said never mind but she spoke up before I could. "Fantasia are you asking to come in?" I bit my bottom lip and nodded "Yeah...if that's okay with you"

The door opened widened and she stepped back to give me some room to walk in. I felt her eyes on me as I moved through the apartment. It was designed in a minimalistic way. It was simple but cute.

I went to the big plush sectional and sat down crisscrossed. "You thirsty?" I heard Taraji call out from the kitchen. "No thank you I have my water bottle," I said holding up my cup. I fiddled with my fingers not really sure how to act. She was so...mature and womanly.

To be honest I didn't really think I'd make it through the front door. My thoughts were interrupted by the other side of the couch dipping. "You look scared" She stated bluntly. There was a good amount of space between us.

I scoffed "I do not" She took a sip of her water and leaned over to place it on the table. I could see her side tattoo. It was so pretty and intricate. "What does it symbolize?" Looking back at me confused she followed my line of sight realizing I meant the Arabic words surrounded by different flowers.

"The words say If I lose myself, I lose it all. The gladiolus' and snapdragons symbolize strength. They stand tall and are striking when you see them. The lotus flower isn't technically a part of this tattoo it's just close to it. That one was just me rebelling when I was 17." I smiled and giggled at the end.