Edward and Bella came to the house and told us that someone came to her home. We were concerned.

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked.

"It was a stranger" Edward said "I didn't reconize his scent"

"A nomad passing through?" I asked.

"A passer-by wouldn't have left Bella's father alive." Rosalie said

I wrap my  arm around Bella for comfort just as the door bursts open. Jasper and emmet enters.

"His scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house." Jasper said.

"Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle said

"Victoria?" Bella asked.

"I would've seen her deciding." Alice said.

"It has to be the Volturi" Edward said.

And yes I am fully aware of what happed in Italy when Bella went to save Edward.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too."

"So we keep looking" emmet said.

"We also take shifts, guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle suggests.

"Another protection detail?" Rosalie complains.

"Rosalie" I said to her.

"No, she's right." Bella spoke up "You can't protect me, watch my dad... ... and search for the intruder. And for Victoria. And keep yourselves fed."

" I'm not leaving you here defenseless" Edward said.

"Well, I'm not gonna let you starve. And I wouldn't be unprotected, I have..." she stops knowing she was gonna say her friend jacob. I knew him from Bella.

"I'd figured you might say jacob." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"How'd you know I was thinking of him?"

I shrugged "he called me saying he would do anything to help you Bella. And yes I'm the only vampire he trusts, If you want my opinion i say jacob should help Bella while we hunt for food. I know you don't think it's a good idea but we don't have any other options."