Chapter 7 - 𝑺𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝑭𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒅 𝑻𝒓𝒊𝒑

We'd all arrived at school, I said goodbye to all my friends because it might be the only time I'll see them before the trip.

Everyones groups where lining up at their coaches, I stood there pissed off not knowing anyone.

The driver opened the doors and we all got seated, I found a place to sit by on my own, placing my bag on the other spare seat.

I was about to put my headphones on before Matthew placed my bag on the floor and sat next to me.

"There was no spare seats." He put his hands up in defence before doing his seatbelt up, putting his backpack down.

"Whatever." I mumbled, trying to move away turning my head with music on.

An hour had already passed and I took my headphones out and just stared out the window.

"1 hour left and also who are you going to talk too, you have like no one in the group." He smirked.

"Oh shut up." I playfully nudged him.

"You have to have a partner by the way and I already kind of put our names down." he laughed.

"MATT!" I yelled, not really affecting the coach ride as it was extremely noisy anyway.

He placed his hand on my knee, "I'm sorry I had to, you would have had no one."

"I would of preferred to be alone." I turn to face him.

"How's singing going?" He changes the subject, holding eye contact with me trying to start a conversation.

"Good." I answer, trying to give small talk.

"Good.. do you have a date to prom." He smirks.

I roll my eyes, "No, I'll be going as friends with Nick if he doesn't find a date, like I said."

"Okay." He turned to face me as I was staring out the window.

Not realising, I looked back and we held eye contact again.

———————————————————————————

Matts POV

She can't know I'm in love with her and I'm struggling to hide it, just only if she would at least allow me to be her prom date.

But that won't happen, I know she probably still hates me a bit.

———————————————————————————

Matthew breaks the eye contact and looks at the floor, "Do you still hate me, like despise?"

I shake my head, hoping he would get the hint.

He seemed happier after that, then the coach arrived and partners where sent off to go explore.

"So where are we going first?" I question, looking at the floor walking.

"The bears, like the big stuffed animal bear I won you at the fair. I saw on your bed yesterday, you kept it." He smirked, walking forward.

I froze, "it's a nice bear, okay." I let out an awkward laugh.

We seem to be able to create a normal conversation, making more as time passes by.

Checking the time I realise we should start to head where everyone's having lunch.

"It's nearly 1:20pm, let's start to find where everyone is on the map." I suggest.

He nods and scans the map, "forward past the parrots and then to the left."

"Easy enough then." I beam whilst we begin to walk, following the directions.

Somehow I'm suddenly laughing whilst walking beside Matthew Sturniolo.

Cassie runs over, looking shocked, "You two, friends." She implies grinning.

"I guess." I responds, seeing a smirk on Matts face.

Running over to Nick, greeting him with a hug.

"You're both surprising late, thought you'd wanna get back earlier away from him?" Nick says in a confused tone, getting his phone out.

I just smile and don't answer and we just talk for the whole of lunch and take selfies with everyone.

"I can't believe it's the last day of School tomorrow, then prom in the evening." Chris laughs.

"Oh my gosh, I know." I smile, still trying to process the whole moment.

The teacher tells us to get back to our coaches and we will all be dropped back home.

"Well it's going to be an amazing day tomorrow, Ella." Nick grins, hugging me.

"Of course, love you Nick!" I smile walking back to the coach with Matt.

We both sit down and do up our seatbelts.

"You know.. you're not the worst Matt." I sit back and stare out the window.

"I know." He smirks, finding himself funny, I give him a playful nudge.

My phone vibrates so I got to check who texted me.

———————————————————————————

Nick 🫀
Ella, guess what!

Ella ❤️‍🩹
WHAT!!

Nick 🫀
You know that guy, Andrew. He asked to go prom with me! I hope your okay with it and if your friends have dates you can just join along with me.

Ella ❤️‍🩹
I'm happy for you! It's totally fine don't worry!

———————————————————————————

Smiling, I place my phone down, "I might be going to prom alone at this point but it's alright." I chuckle, totally fine with it.

"Well, your there to be with everyone anyway." He reassures me, it's really just a date then to socialise.

Looking up at him, I grin and stare out the window for the rest of the coach ride.

The coach begins to head down some familiar roads nearby our houses, then stopping at the triplets.

Matt grabs his bag and we wave goodbye.
He really isn't the worst after all.

After a couple more streets the coach stops at mine, I grab my bag and head off the coach and thank the driver.

I get back to my room and pre pack my bag for my last day of school.

"I can't believe it." I smile to myself.