Chapter 6 - 𝑨𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒚 𝑨𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅

Many days had past by, we had moments like loads of moments. Something is going on but I don't think I could love him like I did again.

I decided to practise singing in my room as it was just my dad home who would have music playing as he works from home.

Grabbing my microphone (which was turned off), I looked for a song.

Brooklyn Baby by Lana Del Rey.

"They say I'm to young to love me." I practised the lyrics, already singing half of the verses of the song.

Then it came to my favourite part of the song which is what I wanted to work on.

"Well my boyfriends in the band, he plays guitar.." I was stopped as my door start to open, the handle shaking.

Matthew, he was jokingly singing the rest of the song.

"MATT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY ARE YOU HERE? HOW..?" I covered my face with my hands.

"Beautiful voice by the way.." he said making me smirk. "Many questions, yea, first your dad assumed I was nick." He laughed.

What a con of being best friends with a triplet.

Standing there with my arms crossed, I was confused why he was even here, "Get to the point dickhead."

"I was wondering if we could talk because all we do is stare." He looked at me hoping he would allow us to.

"Fine, sit down." I sat beside him on my bed, with as much space as possible between us.
"So.. what." staring at the floor, I questioned him.

"You keep looking at me, I won't complain, and I keep looking at you." He says smirking.

I roll my eyes, "It's nothing I'm just getting used to the fact I'll have to talk to you more."

"Is it now?" He glances towards me.

"Listen Matt, you know after everything I will never be able to love you like that again." I sigh, getting of the bed towards my desk.

He takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry Ella.. I hate myself for it, I'm really really sorry."

Turning around to him, our eyes meet holding eye contact, "Apology accepted." I say picking up a couple of things, cleaning up my room.

"But after everythi.." I cut him off.

"I've got to somehow learn to tolerate you Matt, your just Nicks brother to me, he's probably tired of my obvious hatred to you." looking at him, I notice he's a little bit hurt by it.

"That's what I am to you, just Nicks brother got it, well I must head back." He walks towards the door about to leave.

"Am I still Nicks dumb friend?" I stand there with my arms crossed as he turns around to face me.

"No." He answers, which kind of confuses me.

"Then you're not just his brother." I answer back to him.

I'm not sure if I did but I think I saw a smile before he left, I just wish he knew I won't ever forgive him as much to love him and it's hard to even become friends.