Chapter 19: I Admire Your Courage

A/N: Apologies in advance. This might contain grammatical errors, wrong spellings, etc. I don't have time to edit this chapter as my schedules are packed 😩

...

That Night, Lin Feiyi encountered the same reoccurring dream again.

In the vast courtyard of the imperial camp, there comes a menace named Mu Shuang'er

Alcohol had consumed her whole body that she and her buddies she met on the military dared to be presumptuous.

"Hahahaha," Loud roars of laughter echoed through the quiet night.

Icy wind blowing through the leaves, making them rustle.

The moon hung up high with velvet blanket of stars spread across the sky exquisitely.

The moonlight pours down, embracing the grand courtyards of the palace.

If it weren't for the brightly lit stone lamps decorated in the sides of the cement path, these bunch of presumptuous drunkards wouldn't trip.

The whole camp is quiet as most residents are asleep.

"Captain Mu! You're definitely amusing! You managed to crush those annoying bastards under Captain Heng's team." The fatty man dressed in a military armor named Wu Guan, slapped Mu Shuang er's delicate back.

That force was definitely not weak, making her back almost break.

She endured the pain in silence and secretly glared at the reckless Wu Guan.

She was hit by an arrow few months ago. Although it shows signs of healing, it still doesn't fully recovered and still has to be careful when tending.

'This bastard! Dare he hit the Young Miss of the Mu family!'

"Brother Wu Guan is right! You definitely did something to uphold us your brothers some justice!" Added Wang Qian. His eyes glittering with gratitude and admiration towards Mu Shuang'er

Liu Dongfang, the only quiet and collected man standing with his back straight, observed his teammates.

He was the only one who didn't drink much, reason why he was still able to assist Mu Shuang'er whose about to kiss the ground with her face in every step she takes.

Her teammates kept praising her, making her feel as if she was promoted by the emperor to be Highest of them all.

"Of course!" Mu Shuang'er agreed to all the compliments she'd been receiving. She felt handsome and great hearing them.

She raised her chin, looking proud and overbearing, "I'm the greatest, most smartest and most good-looking man in the whole Nancheng city."

Mu Shuang'er was actually the beloved youngest daughter of Major General Mu. She snucked into the imperial camp dressed as man to experience what it is to be a soldier, and to follow Qin Wang-Her ultimate crush.

They all went silent after passing by Qin Zichen's study.

The lights to the study were on which means Qin Wang is still awake and probably doing his late night duties.

They dare not show their presumptuous behaviour from a while ago as they pass by the study, fearing to see their own heads on the floor.

Qin Wang is known to be a cold and bloody tyrant.

He dislikes too much noise, and of course being bothered.

I mean everybody does! But Qin Wang's brain circuit just works differently than other people. If you annoy him, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!