Chapter 14: Rachel

"And so is this world you're living in."

Qin Zichen scoffed in response, "No wonder I could feel your lousy energy everywhere."

Mr. Ting lowly chuckled, "How lousy? When you strongly felt it."

"Are you the author of this novel?" Qin Zichen sat on the sofa with his legs crossed.

Mr. Ting twitched his lips and answered, "Not really."

"I just found trapped souls inside these books inside this library." Mr. Ting said, amused.

His ruby eyes glowed with thrill as he gently caressed a thick emerald green book titled 'Mr. Bad boy's favorite girl.

"What am I doing here anyway?" Qin Zichen poured himself a glass of wine and took a sip right after.

Mr. Ting doesn't seem to get tired of laughing. His throat let boisterous waves of laughter upon hearing Qin Zichen's question.

Qin Zichen can't help but scrunch his forehead.

Mr. Ting finally stopped laughing. He narrowed his eyes slyly toward Qin Zichen.

"Qin Zichen." He called, "Are we still of the same kind? I could smell your death a few dimensions away."

Qin Zichen lowered his head—His eyes had a trace of solemnity. He opened his mouth and spoke calmly, "You should know that my mother sealed my godly powers before she died. She was frightened with the thought of me using them to destroy my bastard of a father who's only a lousy human."

"I know that." Mr. Ting responded.

Qin Zichen sneered and tilted his lips mockingly, "What does my death have to do with you anyway? Just collect my soul like you normally do to any dying souls."

"I saved you. Is this how you respond?" Mr. Ting clicked his tongue

"Well, I actually don't have plans of saving you if it weren't for that soul oath with your Mother."

"What soul oath?" Qin Zichen lazily asked—His eyes only on the glass of red wine.

"You seemed uninterested in the soul oath. I'll just tell you next time. Wanna know what your role here is?"

"Speak." Qin Zichen demanded

"You have to alter the Villainess' ending so you could stay a little longer in this world. The longer you stay, the more time I could get to unseal your abilities." Mr. Ting spoke in a serious tone.

"So, This book is just my temporary hiding spot?" Qin Zichen raised a brow

Mr. Ting nodded, "That's right! If I release you out of this book with your abilities sealed—Your death is most likely."

Qin Zichen nodded.

"By the way—That vicious villainess looks someone like-" Mr. Ting was cut off by Qin Zichen before he could continue.

"You did that on purpose. Isn't it?" Qin Zichen's eyes dimmed, his voice chilling cold.

"What? It must be a coincidence." Mr. Ting chuckled playfully

Qin Zichen raised his head and sent him a cold glare.

Mr. Ting wasn't even intimidated by Qin Zichen's gaze. It instead made the playful grin on his face widen.

"Is that what you should be worrying about? You should worry about how to tame that lady to prolong your stay inside the book."

Qin Zichen pursed his lips, "I get it." he responded.