10: Chapter Two Begins

[Korekiyo's POV]
After the execution, everyone returned back to the higher land. We were all horrified, confused and upset. How could we let a murder happen so quickly? And how could one like Kirumi commit such an awful sin?

Then again, that's the beautiful and mysterious part of humanity. Anyone could be a murderer - it just depends on whether that being actually has the heart to go through with it.

So many questions revolve around Himiko's case. Why did Kirumi kill her? Where was Tenko when Himiko was murdered? How exactly was Himiko murdered? Why did Kirumi try to pin it on me specifically? Oh well, it's too late to question now, isn't it? However, one thing in particular still disturbs me. How did Kirumi know about the lipstick?

{Time skip}
[Third POV]
After a while of recapping the class trial with Shuichi, Kaede and Maki, Rantaro returned to the place he went at the start of this killing game - the library.

As he entered, he noticed Korekiyo was in there, sitting on the sofa they did before. Except, he wasn't reading anything. But rather, he seemed lost in thought.

Rantaro walked up to him and sat next to him, Korekiyo was woken up from his daze, and he just stared at Rantaro with an awkward silence.

'So...' Rantaro started, 'you thinking about the trial...?'

He mainly said this to start a conversation, but wanted to find out why the trial would be so stressful to Korekiyo. Yes, it was an awful experience for everyone, but what kind of person keeps all their thoughts to theirself? Doesn't he want help?

'Ah, yes...it seems so.'

'What's bothering you so much about it? You looked very...concentrated, when I walked in. Something up?'

Korekiyo sighed heavily.

'How did Kirumi gain access to so many of my possessions? And the- the lipstick..it's all so peculiar.'

Rantaro then remember the lipstick and quickly became confused too.

'Oh yeah, the lipstick? I never understood that. You know anything about it at all? Shuichi, Kaede and Maki are still working on that case...I'm sure they'd love some extra information.'

'I...May have. However, it's not something I'm comfortable with sharing, unfortunately.'

'How so?'

Korekiyo suddenly went silent, spacing out again. Rantaro moved himself closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

'Hm?' Korekiyo immediately turned his head to face Rantaro, front parts of his hair blocked the view of his right eye.

Rantaro carefully moved the hair out of his face, tucking it behind his ear. Korekiyo's eyes slightly widened, and under his mask, his cheeks were faintly red.

'You can tell me, y'know? I won't ever judge you.' Rantaro said this while running his hands through Korekiyo's hair, amazed at how much Korekiyo cared for it.

'...I just do not believe now is an appropriate time.'

Rantaro paused for a moment and looked down.

'Is it under your mask?'

'...Excuse me?'

'The lipstick, I mean.'

Then Korekiyo paused and made direct eye contact with him. At this point, if anyone else even mentioned what they thought Korekiyo hid, they would be drop dead on the floor. But he had always felt this sense of safety when he was near Rantaro, so he wouldn't really mind just confessing right then and there.

'Korekiyo?-'

'Yes, yes it is.'

Rantaro's eyes slightly widened at how easily he got that answer out of him.

'...Could I see?'

Rantaro sat patiently as he waited for Korekiyo's response. Korekiyo did seem like he was putting a lot of thought into this.

'I don't see why not.'

Rantaro smiled and moved his hand from his hair and up to his mask. He was a little hesitant at first, but when he finally pulled his mask down, his cheeks warmed up.

'Wow...why do you hide this?'

Korekiyo didn't answer, but he didn't need to. He smiled, and to Rantaro, that's all he needed to see.

Rantaro cupped Korekiyo's face in both of his hands and leaned in closer to him. As their lips eventually connected, both boys closed their eyes, sharing a gentle kiss. One of Rantaro's hands moved down to Korekiyo's waist, whilst the other was still holding his face. Korekiyo used one hand to lightly grab the back of Rantaro's head to hold him closer in the kiss.

When it ended, they were both blushing messes. Although, neither of them pulled away, they were still holding eachother. Korekiyo put his arms behind Rantaro's head as he pushed him down onto the sofa. It had pure intentions, all he wanted to do was cuddle. And so they did, until the nighttime announcement popped up and forced them to separate.

In their dorms, neither could stop thinking about the other.

A/N: WOOOO ROMANCEEEE WAHOOOOO!!!! FIRST KISS WIPPIEIEIEI!!!! GAYAYAYYA!!!
Words: 804