2: Sixteen of Us

TW: Strong language
[Rantaro's POV]
'That makes... 16 of us,' I announced.

'Sixteen?' The blonde one said, puzzled.

'He means there's sixteen people here, dumb#ss!' Miu yelled,'that should've been obvious!'

'H-hey! Don't yell at me... h-how was I supposed to know?' The blonde replied, shakiness in her voice. Poor girl. Must've been embarrassed.

'It's okay - really, just introduce yourselves,' I said, hoping to ease the tense air.

'I'm Kaede Akamatsu, the ultimate pianist! It's nice to meet you all,' Kaede introduced herself.

Finally, the other spoke,'Shuichi Saihara, ultimate detective... although, I'm not very worthy of the title.'

Time Skip: they all discussed the situation, met monokuma and afterwards went their separate ways
to do whatever - except for some, who stuck together.

[Korekiyo's POV]
During our discussion, nobody had any answers for anything.

Except for one question, which we all answered the same: 'What happened before you woke up here?'. We all said we were shoved into a van by unknown entities, knocked out, and woke up here.

After the discussion, Taro followed me to the library (not literally stalking, he stood beside me). We got there and I immediately started searching for books to do with anthropology. Sure enough, there was quite the selection. Monokuma probably thought of my talent, and supplied some books just on anthropology.

'What you got there, Kiyo?' Rantaro asked, standing behind the sofa and leaning over my shoulder to try and read it.

'A book on seances - this particular one, 'the caged child seance' has really struck my interest. I've actually performed it many a times,' I replied, showing him a picture of the salt circle and instructions to making it.

'That's quite interesting,' He said, still peering over my shoulder, reading it.

He was still standing behind me, so I patted the sofa as an offer for him to sit down next to me. And so he did. He laid his head on my shoulder to see the book properly, and even that being the reason, my stomach still fluttered.

No, remember what sister said.
No emotion.
Don't express your emotion.

I kept playing these words in my head. I felt quite dizzy and placed my hand on my head.

'Kiyo, are you sure you're fine?' Rantaro questioned, getting off my shoulder to look at me.

That fuzzy feeling went away. The words went away. But the headache remained.

'Yes, I'm fine, just a small migraine, is all,' I assured him I was okay, but the pain was excruciating and I wasn't sure how much I could take it anymore.

Man up.
You're fine.
You're being dramatic.

'I'll come back, but, continue reading for the time remaining,' I ordered him, handing him the book and slowly standing up off the soft sofa. 'I must retrieve something from my dorm.'

'I see, well good luck trying to find whatever it is,' he wished me luck.

[Rantaro's POV]
It's been a while since Kiyo left. No, I'm exaggerating. It's been about 5 minutes. But it's still bugging me, especially with the situation we're in... what if he's dead? Brutally murdered, in the most painful way possible... no, that's no way to think. He should be fine.

He's fine.
He's okay.
He's alright.
That's what I want to believe.

I don't think anyone would have the motive to kill him, anyway. He hasn't done anything wrong. Except for maybe Tenko... crap. Tenko would kill him. Out of all of us men, she's mostly been hating on Kiyo, probably for his creepy looks and frightening voice... the voice I find so soothing. I'm not sure if I should check on him, tell someone about it, or just leave the matter alone.

After about 10 minutes of just sitting and thinking, Angie skips happily through the doors, Tsumugi following her, less cheerful and looking kind of nervous. They must've seen me because Angie stopped skipping and looked at me, puzzled.

'My my, Rantaro. Atua tells me something is the matter with you,' Angie stated, in her usual go-jolly, high-pitched voice.

I didn't reply for a span of 5 seconds.

'H-hey Angie, we shouldn't bother him-' Tsumugi started, grabbing Angie's shoulder.

'Actually, I think it's best I tell someone,' I interrupted.

They both looked at me, their interests peaked.

'Of course, the great Atua was right once more! He will continue to spread his truthful warnings to me,' Angie exclaimed, raising her arms high as she spoke, Tsumugi still holding her shoulder,'so, whatever is it?'

I sighed.

'I was hanging with Kiyo, but all of sudden he seemed stressed. He went to his dorm and... I haven't seen him since.' I explained, looking down.

I shouldn't care too much.
We pretty much just met.

'I-I haven't seen him, sorry...' Tsumugi said, becoming quieter as she talked.

'I was with Tsumugi, I haven't seen him either,' Angie remarked,'yet the O' holy one is guiding me, telling me he's probably still in his dorm... you should check it out, He says.'

'Will do,' I replied, helping myself off the sofa.

Tsumugi let go of Angie's shoulder and grabbed her hand, gliding over to me.

'Would you need help?' She asked, seeming genuinely concerned.

'Sure. Go check out everywhere else, I'll go to his dorm,' I ordered her.

She nodded, faced Angie, Angie nodded too and they skipped, well Angie skipped- Tsumugi walked, still holding her hand, out of the library and I begun walking to Kiyo's dorm.

I planted my feet outside his dorm, breathing in and out.

Screams.

A/N: HAHAHAHAH cliffhanger >:) btw no mocking Atua it is a real god and I'm aware!! Stay safe whoever's reading this. Ty for 4 reads I'm very happy :)
Words: 958