Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟽, 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

Episode Fourteen

"So! All the juicy details?" Hinata was wearing a matching pj set while grabbing something from the cabinet, and it looked like you were stirring some store of batter, blushing and focusing on the task

"It's nothing! Seriously.. he was just emotional, that's all."

Hinata chuckled. Dipping her finger into your mixture, licking it clean, "He's totally whipped. No feared, strong, beefy gang-man would willingly cry in front of a girl he met like what- two months ago?"

You joined her contagious laughter. "Shut up! And never EVER call him a beefy gang-man."

You were sucked from the memory and plucked into your bedroom. Apparently past you was busy studying, that much being clear by your open textbooks. "Shit.." you sighed; who knew trying to save your friends and become a doctor was so complicated?

At least the weather was rather agreeable. You looked outside; the sky was a clear black, and the stars shone brighter than usual. You decided to walk to clear your head, slipping into a lazy outfit before leaving your room.

"Man..Man-ji..ro" you stopped at the muttering through Reki's door.

"You summoning Mikey or something?"

"Ahh!" The 5'11 beast screeched like a little girl, folding his upper body over his desk.

"Oh- what're you hiding?" You inched closer, leaning over Reki's secretive shoulders, noticing the amount of loose colored pencils and crumpled paper littering his desk, only furthering your building curiosity.

"Nothin' just- go away! It's none of your business.." he created a cocoon, tucking like a turtle.

"Homework trouble?" You gradually waited until he felt comfortable enough to reveal whatever was beneath him.

"Mikey's birthday is comin' up an'.. I can't get the kanji right." Frustration dripped off every word, and he looked away from you, ashamed. Dreading your following response.

"You and Baji both.. two idiotic peas in a pod," you began scribbling on a different paper, starting in the middle.

Your handwriting wasn't perfect, but it got the point across, finishing his name in your favorite bubble font. "This," you pointed at one of the characters, "Means thousand. This is, to follow behind something."

You noticed Reki was silent, drinking in your small lesson. "And this means, bright and cheerful.. Why didn't you tell me you had problems with Kanji?" He stayed trained on your flawless scripture.