Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5, 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐲𝐚

Episode Two

"C'mon jiro' what'd I say about switching wheelchairs?"

Y/n could feel her facial muscles tightening into a frown and a cool breeze dancing on her cheeks, speaking to a tuft of blonde hair wearing a breathing mask, his arms were frail and pale white, but your words didn't feel like your own, almost like you were someone's puppet

"What happened to the last one?"

Right as he was turning to meet your gaze, your eyes blew wide. Focusing into the glass bowl filled with runny eggs specked in pepper.

Afternoon.. Breakfast? she traveled back after school was over. Maybe something went wrong while traveling through dimensions? Or multiverse? And what was that conversation? Was it a distant memory or a vision?

"Y/n."

There was so many unanswered questions and uncertainties, but when Y/n thought about her last trip she and Takemichi held each other's hands on the train tracks, could that be it?

"Y/n!"

Maybe I have to be touching him? That's probably why I skipped half day.. But it still doesn't explain whatever I saw before getting here..

"Y/N!"

At the third call of her name, she looked over her shoulder "You're hurting the eggs." ten-year-old Haruto stared back at her with an empty plate in front of him.

And you couldn't help but melt at his baby face, especially since you've hadn't seen him in, what? Three years, time didn't wait around for you to overcome your mourning after Reki's death and neither did Haruto.

But despite how he abandoned her when she needed him the most Y/n refrained a coo while pouring the overly beat eggs into the frying pan. "Haru, where's-"

"Don't call me that"

Y/n fought off a smile "Haruto, where's Reki?"

"He went to early school, which you have in" He glanced at the clock above the hallway's threshold "An Hour"

"Sounds about right.." Reki did anything to dodge getting Haruto ready for school, once he even scaled the fire escape so he didnt have to make breakfast.

Y/n sighed catching a glimpse of her image in the stoves reflection, looking down at her attire which consisted of basketball shorts and a sports bra.

"I'm gonna be so late-"

Y/n hurriedly fixed Haruto his eggs spooning them on his plate, Then went to the fridge, pouring him a side of orange juice, and packed his lunch.

Nothing to fancy, just a peanut butter jelly sandwich with a small case of Pringle's and water.