16✧.*

AS I GET CLOSER TO THE ZOO, THE MORE THAT THE CHANCE OF DELTA DYING TOMORROW KICKS IN

It wasn't until now that I realized that I have grown attached to the district nine girl, even Kane too. From the nights I lay in bed wondering if she or him were cold, to making sure they were fed. I felt like me and Delta could've been good friends her and me. Maybe if our world wasn't the way it was. Maybe if the Hunger Games didn't exist.

Stepping into the zoo feeling that this would be one of the last times stopping by here to see Delta. Sadly Vespara couldn't make it since her parents found out about her discharge from the hospital and made her go home to rest. I approach the cage as all the tributes sat around. Walking up I noticed someone standing up to the bars taking to Lucy Gray. That someone being none other than Coriolanus Snow himself. Guess his recovery went smoothly.

Just behind the girl was Pricilla with Jessup. Jessup looked to be trying to sleep as his head laid on Pricilla's shoulder. But the boys eyes were wide open looking around, scared even, while Pricilla's were glued on the tribute and mentor duo.

By the rock that district six and seven made their place of rest, only had the two from six, and Lamina by it. Lamina leaned on one side of the rock while the cousins from six sat together in front, Babette fast asleep on Miles shoulder, while he played with a stick.

Treech was no where to be seen, but instead was over with Coral and her little pack. Treech sat wide awake, Tanner was asleep along with Mizzen. Coral and Pippa sat together as Pippa talked.

My eyes spot Delta at the bars before I even came up. She stood with her arms folded and standing looking around until her eyes land on me.

"Hey there Delta." I say stopping at the bars. "You did great tonight."

"Thank you Mentor." She says then looks at the ground.

"This is it isn't?" She says.

"I'm afraid it is." I say as I put my hand on the bar.

She looks up at me. "I just wanted to say that-"

She stops mid sentence as she takes a deep breath. "Thank you. thank you for taking care of me."

I just stare at her as she continues. "I just wanted to say if before you know.."

I knew what she meant. "Delta we're going to see each other again, you're going to see your father and Zea again, I'll make sure of it." I say to her.