11✧.*

(BABETTES POV)

✧.*

"WOAH WE ACTUALLY GET TO WALK OUT OF THIS THING?"

Miles whispers to me as the truck stops. His little comments causes a laugh from me. It was true though, last time being in here we were thrown out. We are once more put into this truck. It wasn't the most comfortable place to be in, being that it was stuffy and we were all stuffed in leaving little to no space for anyone.

The doors open up and we are immediately bombarded with yelling from the peacekeepers. It seems like we could never catch a break from them. One by one me and the rest of us are instructed to get out of the truck, then we are said to be put into a line by district with our Mentors.

Shortly I was escorted to Vespara, who looked even happier to see me then she was at the academy. After talking to her the day before at the zoo and at the academy made me really warm up to the Capital girl. Looking to the front of me stood Miles and his mentor. Which Miles seemed to tolerate. Then behind me was Treech with his.

"Oh let me fix your collar for you." Vespara says to me as I feel her hands reach down towards my neck to fix my collar on my dress.

The dress I wore was a dress that belonged to my mother. It was a very nice dress indeed. Being a worn out blue color with matching worn out lace down the front. In the middle sat buttons. And it was all out together by a white collar around the neck line.

The dress reminded me of when I was small, going through my mother's closet a lot. I remember I laid my eyes on it and the dress never once left my mind. It was a dress from my mother's time when she was sixteen. My mother happened to walk in on me admiring the dress and promised I could wear it when I was old enough to. Soon enough that day came a couple of days ago on reaping day.

Miles also wore something of his late father, my uncle. Who sadly died in the war, and with my aunt along with it dying of a illness. Which caused Miles to be left in the care of my mother and father. It was just the four of us until two years ago when my dad had fell deathly ill. After he passed it was just me, Miles, and Mother. Now soon it would only be her left.

"There, now you look even more stunning." Vespara says patting my shoulders.

"How come?" I ask. "You only fixed the collar of my dress."

"Small things can change anyone's appearance, even if it's not noticeable." She says.

Still not knowing how that makes sense, I left it be. All I know for sure is that Vespara wouldn't tell me anything wrong, at least I hoped so. Snapping me back into reality was a peacekeepers telling us one on one to enter the arena.