𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

The month of April eventually showed up, and my life finally felt close to a sense of normalcy.

There were two months left until high school graduation, meaning the pressure to study for finals early and apply to a few colleges was adding on quickly.

Although I had no idea which colleges to apply to, Bella was already ahead of me with filling out a stack of college applications to numerous different universities — one of them being Harvard.

Knowing how exquisite her grades were compared to my fairly decent marks, I had doubts that a high-education institution such as Harvard or even Yale would turn her down.

Despite applying to those schools, her preferred choice that she highly hoped she'd get accepted into was the University of Alaska — over a thousand miles away from Forks.

Although I knew Charlie and Renee would not exactly favor the idea of her going to a college so far away from here, I knew this choice was based on her yearning to be turned soon.

We knew that Alice, Edward, and the rest of the Cullens would ultimately have to move sooner than later within a couple of years or so — once their lack of aging became noticeable by the citizens of Forks — and if Bella was turned within that timeframe, she would have to go wherever they went.

Alaska was one place they could go that would be safe for their kind to live amongst humans without being noticed for their inhuman nature, especially since the Denali coven had resided there for many years with no trouble.

Additionally, Bella mentioned that the University of Alaska had an excellent teaching program and would be a good place to go to earn an education degree and eventually become an English professor — a career she once told me she wanted to achieve as an adult.

Despite that former aspiration of hers, I knew she likely wouldn't go through with it, at least not for a very long time — all that mattered to her at the moment, outside of passing her finals so she could graduate high school was becoming a vampire, no matter how much Edward was against it.

Regardless, since she applied to the University of Alaska, I thought about doing the same for a few reasons.

One, since I already had a feeling what our mom and dad's opinions would be about Bella's decision to move to Alaska for college, I felt that my attending the same university as her would possibly lessen the skepticism from our parents and relieve them from worrying about her going all the way there alone since she'd have her sister there with her.

Two, after doing my own research on the school, I learned they also offered an exceptional art program. I was not fully sure what it was I wanted to do as a long-term career, considering the thought of being stuck doing the same job forever that I went to college for admittedly scared me.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬² | 𝙰. 𝙲𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗 ✓ 🎉