𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

We were relieved to reach our flight in time, though the extensive time it took to actually reach Italy was torturous and uncomfortable — mainly for Bella of course.

Most of the flight was spent in silence, as I sat between Alice and Bella — who unthinkingly took the window seat despite the severe turmoil and uneasiness she felt.

I rested my hand on Bella's restless knee that bounced up and down anxiously the entire flight in an attempt to contain her in her seat, and inaudibly let her know she wasn't alone through this and that I was here with her, though I accepted I, unfortunately, could only do so much to keep her calm during a horrid situation like the one we were in, leaving me feeling hopeless.

Alice kept incredibly still in her seat by the aisle, as she concentrated on watching Edward and his decisions — which she claimed kept changing in the case the Volturi denied him his grim request.

She and I talked here and there when it felt appropriate to — and when she wasn't preoccupied focusing on Edward's potential choices — though I admittedly felt slightly bad when I did, knowing I had Alice by my side and Bella was without Edward, praying that we would reach him in time and stop him from being possibly executed.

Halfway through the flight, my head ended up resting against Alice's stone-cold neck, and sleep managed to consume me.

The next thing I knew, I was being woken up by a gentle, yet earnest shake to my arm.

When my eyes flickered open, I noticed the dark nightshade in the sky was now bright with sunlight as the plane descended through the puffy white clouds.

"We're about to land in Florence," Alice whispered to me.

I yawned with weariness as my mind quickly became alert with consciousness of what was happening.

Bella was not surprisingly to me, still awake, as she remained shivering in her seat with apprehension, and her tired brown eyes were bloodshot with fear.

Soon, the pilot announced over the intercom that we were fixing to land, and everyone including us began unbuckling our seatbelts when the pilot declared it was safe.

Alice swiftly slid on her grey trenchcoat over her white, ruffled sleeveless dress, before sliding on a pair of long, deep red leather gloves over her slim pale hands, a floral head scarf that covered most of her cropped black hair and concealed both sides of her sharp pallid face that would undoubtedly sparkle in the sunlight without the scarf's coverage, and finally a large pair of tinted sunglasses to shield her bright golden orbs.

Once the plane safely touched the ground and came to a steady stop, we quickly stood up to retrieve our luggage and were practically the first ones out of the plane and past the gate before the other passengers.