𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

My dream that night was different than any other.

It was still dark, and still uncertain like all the others, yet this time, I was somewhere different.

Normally, I was stranded in a dark forest in most of my dreams — this time, I was standing on a beach, close to the shoreline.

It was pitch black in the twinkling sky, with only a full white moon above the ocean that gave the area light through the darkness.

I was looking around the beach, which I slowly began to recognize as the one place me and Dakota always went to for my surfing lessons and occasional art lessons — First Beach.

I grew confused, wondering why I was all the way out in La Push this late at night. I wondered if Bella was also here, or anyone else I knew that would have a reason to be in La Push.

Then as I looked down the shoreline — I saw her.

Wavy, striking red hair, chalky white skin, sharp marbled features, threatening red eyes peering over at me — my heart began racing anxiously at my sight.

I gasped, whipped around, and began running down the beach while kicking up sand behind me with my quickened speed. I knew running from a bloodthirsty vampire was pointless, especially as a mere human, though flighting was likely a better option in this grim situation than fighting — that would be even more aimless.

I ran as fast as I could up the beach, not daring to look back until my tracks nearly stopped upon seeing the other vampire in the far distance — Alice.

Her pale white skin glowed in the moonlight in contrast to her dark cropped hair, and her eyes were not the golden ocher shade I was used to seeing — they were jet black and vicious-looking, not warm and welcoming.

"Alice!" I cried. "Please help! It's Victoria!"

As I ran closer to her towards the end of the beach, the moment I was mere inches away from her, she vanished into thin air — just like a ghost would.

I gasped as I turned back around to see where Victoria was, and saw her standing a few feet away from me, stalking me down menacingly.

I gulped as I watched her slowly walk in my direction, not choosing to simply streak over to me in her dangerously fast vampire speed. Yet, I was sure she knew I had no chance of outrunning her anyway and likely enjoyed watching me try, being as sadistic as she was.

As she got closer to me, I suddenly heard the sound of a grisly snarl coming from behind me.

I held my breath at first, afraid to take my eyes off Victoria to check what could've been behind me. Yet, the moment I saw her threatening glare drop into a terror-stricken expression, I knew I had to look.