|Chapter 5: Beginning Investigation|

Norman checked his notebook again.

Name: Smith.

Age: Unknown.

Occupation: Unknown.

Height: Same Height as Quentin(Hard to tell with the hat).

What we know:

-Has history with Quentin and Beatrix.

-Hides behind stuff to watch people, example Newspapers.

He sighed, not much.
It was hard to find stuff out about this guy, he had no first name and it wasn't easy to find something on a guy named 'Smith' it was a very common last name.
"You okay?"
Norman hummed, looking up to see Jay had brought him some coffee,"Oh, thanks Jay.", "I noticed you looked a little lost.", Norman nods, putting his hat on his desk,"Yeah, I'm just. . . Feeling frustrated and can't find something out, hard to figure something out from a last name.", Jay nods, he wasn't an investigator like Norman as his job was report and make papers with Miguel and Ike was doing radio.
"Thanks for the coffee."
"No worries."
Norman took the coffee, hoping that will spark some ideas in his head.
Maybe he should try and tail him, figure out why he's here and what he's up to.

~

"Hm."
Trinity held up two boxes to The Cashier,"Do these have sugar in them?", The Cashier titled her head, confused why a kid was asking that but Trinity quickly cleared it up.
"Sorry, I'm diabetic."
The Cashier understood better, took the products and went to the back to check for Trinity.
"Really?"
Nicky nods,"Yeah, I think I'm sleepwalking. . . I mean, there are days I woke up with leafs in my hair and feet covered in dirt and scratches that weren't there before, and sometimes. . . I'm waking up in places, there are not my bed like The Theme Park and The woods.", Aaron was stunned, how was he getting in The Theme Park or, let along; out of the house?!
"But. . . How are you getting out of the house, aren't your parents light sleepers?"
Nicky nods, he then looked nervous and paid for his stuff.
"Uhm. . . Well. . ."
Aaron froze.
"Don't tell me."
"Am I that easy to read. . .?"
Aaron grabbed his shoulders, Trinity came over after paying and hearing their conversations.
"Out the window?!"
"Yeah. . . It can be taken off, but. . . I dunno how I'm getting in or back out."
Aaron and Trinity stared at him with concern, remembering a bruise he had on his arm when he was putting his jumper on.
"I think you need to lock the window. . . Or get a new window."
"Yeah. . . But the thing is; I dunno whether it's a dream or not; It's hard to remember, it being late or hard to tell if it's reality."

=

Norman felt like it was a good idea, let Leslie and Keith know.
Sure; They were useless, but might well warn them to keep an eye on this Smith guy.

"Hello?"
The station was quiet, no surprises there but Leslie was at the front desk, sleeping with his hat covering his eyes, legs up on the desk and leaning dangerously in his chair.
Norman was nervous to wake him, risk of him falling but this was important.
"Leslie?"
He didn't stir, but he did groan.
Norman glanced at the bell, rang it a few times and then-
"GAH DON'T-"
Leslie woke up, startling Norman and he fell off his chair.
. . .
"Ow. . ."
Norman went back to the desk, glancing at Leslie who was just sitting there with a blank expression.
"Uhm. . . Ehm; Leslie?"
He looked up at Norman, finally registering and getting up.
"Sorry."
"It's fine."
Norman had just realised his glasses weren't on, Leslie usually wore these sunglasses and so it wasn't easy to see his eyes, though they had been knocked off when he woke up.
"Uhm, what's up? How can I help you, Norman??"
Norman handed him a file, Leslie opened it and there was Smith's picture,"This man, is a possibly dangerous and I'm doing an investigation on him, I'm asking if you could keep an eye out for him and come to me if you find out anything.", Leslie glanced through the papers, nodding and putting it on the desk,"I'll uh, keep an eye out for ya and let you know if we spot anything.", Norman frowned, something was definitely wrong with Leslie: He could see Leslie was tired, he seemed distracted more than usual.
"Leslie, are you alright? You seem a little, distraught."
Leslie waved Norman off,"It's fine, I'm fine; Just tired.", Norman frowned, he didn't want to push Leslie so he nods and left it as it is.
"Uhm, Norman. . .?"
Leslie turned him,"Yes?", "Uhm. . . Mr Peterson, he hasn't. . . Mentioned anything coming up, has he?", Norman thought about it, has Theodore mentioned anything?
"Uhm, not recently unless you're talking about him getting back into work?"
. . .
"Ah, it's nothing, never mind. . ."

Norman left the station, confused about Leslie's odd behaviour.
Leslie watched Norman walk away, he covered his face and sunk in his chair, pulling his hair and closing his eyes.
"Stop. . . Stop. . ."

=

"Come on, come on!"
Mya and Aaron took Nicky upstairs to play, Diana was out doing errands and, Norman and Ike were visiting.
"Oh yeah, Leslie's was acting really weird today."
"You noticed? He fell asleep in the car, he hasn't gotten much sleep."
"I noticed too; Seemed to be walking on eggshells."
Norman turned to Theodore,"Yeah, he asked me if you had mentioned anything coming up.", Peterson frowned for a moment, Ike thought about it.
"Oh. . ."
Peterson almost looked like he lost some colour in his face, he put the cup down and. . . Seemed a little distraught,"Ted?", "Hey, you're not looking well.", Norman and Ike were immediately concerned for him, seeing him suddenly look a little sick.
Theodore gathered himself,"I know what Leslie is talking about. . .", Peterson leaned to them,"Keep this on the downlow, alright?", Norman and Ike nod.

"Oh shit. I completely forgot."
"It's fine. . . You never met him, he passed long before I met you two. . . I plan to go visit his grave."