|Chapter 3: A New Face|

"Another day."
Jay was up early, it was Saturday and he had a shift in the Afternoon but he needed to be up early as his brother, Saul, would be arriving to stay a while since hearing Raven Brooks was a town they've stayed in the longest.
. . .
"Morning, Dad."
Jay jumped,"Ah! Narf! Sorry, you scared me.", Nicky sat at the table, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.
Jay frowned, he reached out and picked a leaf out of his hair.
He held it up, Nicky even frowned in confusion,"Uhm, I'm guessing a leaf got caught in your hair?", Nicky then checked his hair, finding some leafs.
"I guess. . .?"
Even he was confused, Jay looked upstairs,"Well, maybe take a shower before Breakfast: It will get it out of the way since your Uncle will be here in a few hours or more.", Nicky nods, and slips back upstairs to make a shower.
"I'll make pancakes!"

~

Now Nicky was more confused.
Not only was his hair filled with leafs, but he had just noticed his feet were covered in dirt and, scratches that he wasn't sure were there before.
He had a fair amount of scars on his legs, but he didn't remember ever walking outside barefoot.
Nicky shook his head, he'll figure out later; He was excited to see his Uncle again.

=

"That's so nice! Your Uncle is gonna be visiting and staying?"
Nicky nods,"Yeah! He use to visit, but after we started to move around he didn't want to visit just for us to move again and once hearing we've stayed in Raven Brooks for a while, he jumped to visit and should be here in a few hours?", Mya jumped up and down,"A new resident! It would be so cool to meet your Dad's brother!", Aaron was curious, given Jay was a very nice man,"What's his brother like? Or your Uncle??", Nicky thought of what would be the best way to describe his Uncle.
"Loony."
"Loony?"
Nicky nods,"Yeah; He's very nice, like dad and is like a free spirit, laid back and fun to play with.", Aaron nods,"So; I'm guessing he's the fun Uncle.", Nicky nods,"Yep; Mom sometimes calls him mad, mostly because he can be a bit unhinged.", Mya ohhed, she was interested in this.
"Does he also call you Narf?"
"That's more of my dad's thing, but sometimes yeah: And I hear his conspiracies he has about Alien Overlords."
Aaron nods; Yep, that checks.
"Nicky!"
Then a man had appeared, scooping up Nicky and spinning him in the air!
At first Aaron and Mya were worried, but seeing Nicky smile and this man knowing his name; This must be Saul.
"So good to see my favourite Nephew again!"
"I'm your only Nephew, Uncle!"
Saul smiled, holding Nicky,"Then that makes you my favourite!", Saul had long hair tied back, a short beard, glasses and a black jacket that seemed to have a logo on it but, Aaron couldn't figure out what it is.
"And~ Who are these two?"
He had put Nicky down, now he attention was on Mya and Aaron.
"These are my best friends; Mya and Aaron Peterson."
Saul was surprised, he couldn't hide it much and he held his two hands out.
"Friends of Nicky: Well, I'm his Uncle Saul; Jay's older brother."
Mya and Aaron shook his hands.
"Can't wait to get to know your friends, I'm gonna go bother your dear old mom and dad.", Saul pats Nicky on the head, ruffling his hair as he waved Mya and Aaron bye, and went to go see Mr and Mrs Roth.
"Woah."
"Yeah; That's my Uncle."

~

"You know, I met two of Nicky's friends? Two friends."
Jay nods, he smiled and handed his brother a cup of coffee,"Not just two friends. He's got a group of friends; Trinity, Enzo, Maritza, Ivan, Finch and the two you met outside, Aaron and Mya, live across the street from us.", Saul looked taken it back, he looked around,"This place magic?", Jay chuckled, but he did have another surprise for Saul later on in the day.
"Ah, Luanne! Good to see you again!"
Saul raised his glass to her, she seemed to look better than she did years ago, offered him a smile.