chapter 18 |•

not_sosereyous : aaloo kon maang raha tha?
(Who was asking for potatoes?)

No, no, no. He can't be- Is this actually him? Do I have a spy or something. I thought while looking around.

The second hand embarrassment is now killing me. Why did I say that? Shivani you're so dumb. Idiot.

I hid my face with my palm. How should I reply to him? What should I say?

Aha Idea!

alazysharma._ : uh huh, I didn't know it's you here.

not_sosereyous : well, now you do.. so who was asking for potatoes? And may I know the reason why you called Radhika?

alazysharma._ : ah, well, that. Ishaan bhai was asking for potatoes. You know he loves 'em.

I grinned knowing he won't know about why I said that. Such a smart girl I am huh.

I did my hair flip while thinking so.

📍Reyansh's house

I chuckled at her being not so smart girl as her brother was with me along with her family members.

The elderly people were talking about I don't know what things while we, the kids in their eyes were in my room except Radhika and Maya.

"Kisse itna muskurake baat kar raha hai?" Ishaan asked. I scratched the back of my head.
(Who are you talking to while smiling?)

"Kisi se nahi, comments padh raha tha ek video pe."
(No one, I'm reading comments of a video)

"Wo toh thik hai par video ki awaaz kyu nahi aa rahi hai?" I glared at Aarav who said so. While he smirked, he knows what exactly I'm doing yet tries to get on my nerves.
(That is fine but why there's no audio?)

"Tu apne kaam se kaam nahi rakh sakta?"
(Can't you mind your own business?)

Ishaan chuckled, saying,

"Janede Aarav, humari hone wali bhabhi se hi baat kar raha hoga, aur koi acha bahana nahi mila usko."
(Let it go Aarav, he must be talking to our future sister-in-law, and, so he couldn't think of a good excuse)

I gulped feeling myself getting shy but ofcourse I couldn't let my ego down and acted as if it didn't effect me.

~~~

Author's pov.

"Maa ji agar aapki ijazat ho toh hum kal hi rishta leke jayenge inke waha."
(If we have your permission then we'll go to their house tomorrow for proposal)

Lakshmi said to Gayatri who was sitting on her comfy chair and she nodded. It wasn't easy to convince the old aged women for Shivani as she still thinks it's her who actually left Reyansh for studies and was using him.

Either way, Lakshmi got her convinced saying, I take the responsibility, if something bad happens. And Gayatri replied if so then I'll get Reyansh married to Shanaya (if something bad happens).

"Hum bohot khush hai ke aapka ladka humari beti ko pasand karta hai."
(We are very happy that your child likes our daughter)

Savita said smiling ear to ear and everyone else was happy to except Gayatri.

"Ha bilkul, par humlog baccho ye nahi batayenge ke kisse unki shaadi ho rahi hai, ha tumlog unko ek dusre ke baare me bata sakte ho ke kese hai kya hai par na naam batoge aur na ghar walo ke baare me. Mein surprise dena chahati hu mere pote ko aur uski hone wali bahu ko)
(Yes, ofcourse, but we won't tell the kids that they are marrying eachother, y'all can tell them about what they do and don't but you won't tell the name nor about the family. I want to surprise my grandson and his soon to be bride)

Gayatri said as an idea lingered in her mind.

She knew none would go against her unless it's her grandson. As expected all of them took it in a positive way except Lakshmi and nodded.

Lakshmi knew exactly what Gayatri was tryna do but was helpless.

~~~

📍 Shivani's bedroom

Savita went to Shivani's room and saw her using her phone, she stood besides Shivani and was unnoticed.

"Kisse baat kar rahi hai?"
(Who are you talking to?)

Shivani turned around and sat up straight. She blinked her eyes nervously.

"Meri dost se." She stated, Savita, although knew she was lying but nodded and sat besides her said,
(My friend)

"Mujhe kuch baat karni hai tujhse."
(I want to talk about something)

Shivani frowned but kept her phone aside and looked towards her mother with whole attention.

"Jo bhi hoga tu sach batana thik hai?"
(Whatever it is, you tell me the truth okay?)

Savita said as she held Shivani's hand while Shivani nodded.

"Tu kisi ko pasand karti hai?"
(Do you like someone?)

To be continued.

What will Shivani say?

What might be the idea of Reyansh's dadi ji 👀

I'm sorry for the delay, I've been very busy. Honestly speaking, I'm tired and I have alot in me which is kinda distracting me. Plus I have to study as well and idk if I'll even pass.

Anyways, I may not be posting next week but I'll try to. Thank you for waiting and still supporting me.

600+ words
(Without translation)