18 : End Of The World

Cruel Summer : End of the World

how am i supposed to let you go when every part of me wants you?

The moonlight streamed in the blinds as Jolene's eyes fluttered open recalling the events  from earlier, she had fallen asleep on the couch next to Jeremiah who was sound asleep it was probably around 6 pm in the evening and she had to go back to her room, she had accidentally slept while taking care of her friend, or whatever they were now. She didn't want anything to do with him but Susannah made the weight of her thoughts lighter. Even if Jeremiah was mad at her and she was mad at him aswell she just had to do it for the family.

Jolene was about to leave but as she took at him one last time his disheveled appearance highlighted his vulnerability and Jolene  did nothing but sigh softly, realizing that she couldn't just leave him to fend for himself once he woke up. As a caring friend she could do something small to atleast help him, she had went to the kitchen and prepared a glass of water and some aspirin for Jeremiah, anticipating his inevitable hangover. With everything ready, she returned to the living room and gently shook Jeremiah awake to lessen the big hangover.

And plus, she couldn't wait for him to get yelled at by their mothers. That's gonna be priceless for sure. She giggled internally as this will surely satisfy her teeny tiny amount of anger towards him.

"Jeremiah, it's time to wake up, come on. " she said softly but with a hint of authority, placing the glass of water and aspirin on the coffee table beside him.

Jeremiah groaned, his eyes fluttering open. He winced at the bright light that Jolene flipped open to illuminate the room more  and groggily sat up, rubbing his temples.

"Jolene" he mumbled, his voice hoarse from a combination of sleep and the effects of alcohol, he was still half drunk from all the beer he had downed.

"I got you some water and aspirin. It might help with your headache." Jolene said turning her glance away from him to avoid pitying him.

Jeremiah blinked, surprised by her kindness as he drunkenly replied. "You didn't have to do all this for me.. " he said, feeling a mix of gratitude and embarrassment yet he looked down still upset about everything. He had become so reckless but he had to get his mind off of this.

"I think you should leave." Jeremiah gestured to the door regaining his attitude.

You didnt even take the aspirin and yet you're already acting like a dick.

Jolene felt a pang of dissapointment run through her veins but tried to keep calm.

"So you dont want to talk about-" Jeremiah cut her off and scoffed, running a hand through his disheveled hair. "There's nothing to talk about," he muttered. "I just think it's best if we keep our distance from now on."

"Sure." Jolene bluntly said as she prepared to leave.

"I hope you're happy with Oliver," Jeremiah spat out.

Jo heard this and felt a pang of dissatisfaction, there was no way they could make up anymore.

But this was the start of something else for her, she could do it with a broken heart, she didn't have to run away anymore.

If she honestly thought about it, she was better off with someone it hurt her to be with Jeremiah and it hurt Jeremiah just the same aswell, there was no competition of whose pain was more or less unbearable. They both did something wrong to each other and the best thing to do was keep distance.

If the sun refused to shine,

I always thought me and Jeremiah would end up together. But somehow i keep forgetting if you really loved someone, and yet, they aren't the one for you, you have to let them go.

Baby, would I still be your lover?
Would you want me there?

I loved  Jeremiah, but we aren't meant for each other. Maybe in another time, another life he could be mine.

If the moon went dark tonight
And if it all ended tomorrow

I learned, to let it hurt— then let it go.

Would I be the one on your mind?
Your mind? Your mind?

So Jeremiah Fisher, i let you go.

And if it all ended tomorrow
Would you be the one on mine?