15 : It Was For The Best

Cruel Summer: It Was For The Best

Sometimes, I really wish the Earth could just literally swallow me whole. Seeing Jeremiah so disappointed was never really meant to hurt me, but it did.

What once was his smile plastered on that pretty face of his now turned into a frown showcasing his anger, dissapointment, and sadness. Jolene couldn't do anything but just stand there, the damage has been done, there was nothing else she could do to reverse it. It was her choice, now she was paying for the price of what she lost and what it had cost.

Jeremiah tried to lighten up the look on his face by smiling yet the feelings rushing into his system was still evident on his face. It made Jolene even more guilty, had she told him sooner about her and Oliver.

"Well, congratulations to you two- really. I didn't know you two actually dated before."Jeremiah spoke suddenly eyeing both of them while flashing them a non genuine smile.

Oliver just stared at him but smiled warmly, he might have felt something off about how Jeremiah acted thats why he didnt utter a word. Jolene however tried to say something, she opened her mouth yet no words came out. She was busted.

"Well uh, i gotta go. See you guys." Jeremiah bid them farewell walking off never looking or waving back to them.

Oliver then pulled Jolene closer and kissed her, but Jolene's mind was out of the scene. Jo pulled away and backed off- leaving Oliver shocked.

" Did I do something wrong?" Oliver reached his hand out to her and apologized. Jo raised her hand and signalled no to him.

"No, it's just that I'm not really in the mood today." She said running her hands through her hair. Oliver backed off and replied.

"You were fine earlier? What happened?" Oliver put his hands into his pockets fidgeting with the loose threads inside.

Jolene stared off into the sky and told him she didn't want to talk about it and walked off. As she was walking off into the far distance, Oliver ran after her and held her hand.

"Was this about you friend? Was i not supposed to say that or something, Jo- Im sorry." He apologized again for a second time.

The girl pulled her hand away, as Oliver's smile dropped faster than she could blink. She was clouded by everything she couldn't even think straight anymore- she felt like blacking out as well.

"Please, just leave me alone- I don't want to talk to anyone right now. I just wanna be alone." Jo walked off again leaving a clueless Ollie behind.

Why does this happen? When things start to go well everything just does a full 360.

Fuck my life.
---

Back at home, Jolene immediately went up the stairs and knocked on Jeremiah's door. Practically banging on it, Jolene was growing impatient of what was taking him so long to open the door when,
an angry Jeremiah came to open the door wondering what all the fuss was about.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with your boyfriend?" Jeremiah sneered peeking behind the door.

Jolene however pushed the door open and shut it behind her, pulling Jeremiah into the corner.

"What the fuck are you doing Jo?!?" Jeremiah angrily asked.

Jolene inhaled and exhaled. Then asnwered him immediately.

"Im sorry I didn't tell you sooner- it was just that I, you know we were mad at each other and we just made up- I- I didn't want to ruin it-" Jeremiah cut her off.

"First of all, what happened at the pool was a mistake, were nothing more than friends Jo, i don't like you. OKAY? I was drunk and sure we kissed but i was intoxicated and I wasn't in the right state of mind. And then you got mad at me for kissing you because you thought i liked you back. And now you're getting back at me how? Keeping things from me?" Jeremiah argued.

Jolene snapped hearing this and opened her mouth making Jeremiah go quiet.

" OKAY? So now this is MY FAULT? Why do you even care that I dated him before and now that's none of your business! Didn't you just say were NOTHING more than friends so why are YOU wasting YOUR TIME caring about what I do with MY life, you're not the boss of me Jere- Im allowed to have the life i want and i get to make MY own choices." Jeremiah didn't even have time to react as Jolene opened his door, furiously storming off into her room and slamming it shut, she saw the picture framed on the drawer of all of them: Jeremiah, Jolene, Belly, Conrad, and Steven. Slamming it face down causing it to crack slightly from the impact.

This drew attention to them making Susannah run up the stairs in a hurry to check what had happened, hearing all the noise. Trying not to trip up the stairs, Susannah rushed to Jeremiah for answers regarding the situation.

" What happened?! Why are you two shouting and slamming doors for?! Didn't the two of you made up already?" Susannah asked Jeremiah.

"Don't worry about it mom, we're done." Jeremiah slammed his door with control to avoid Susannah getting mad at them.

Susannah looked at the two doors dissapointedly. She had always thought that Jeremiah and Jolene were soulmates- maybe not that kind but they had a special bond no one could ever have ever since thy were kids.

Why now out of all times had they chosen to be broken apart by misunderstandings and figting?

Susannah hasn't planned on telling them her secret yet, they were already drifting apart she didn't want to make things worse for Laurel, especially the kids.

She only wished for them to fix and patch things up again, she didn't know how much time was left until she could tell them. She had to, they would find out either way anyways.

---

1 new message from Ollie
- Hey, i hope you're doing well. I love you.