03 : Hot Summer Nights

CRUEL SUMMER: Hot Summer Nights

light nsfw? : sexual tension

did jeremiah just say that to me?

"are you serious?" Jolene spoke as she turned around and walked towards him making Jeremiah turn around as well. The two made eye contact as Jo's heart started beating faster by the minute. Jere's eyes wandered to her exposed chest then went back up to her eyes, then her lips.

Jolene was mustering up the courage to say it. Jo was always so brave, too brave to be exact— yet why couldn't she say it?

But as tension filled the room, it was abruptly broken by Steven rushing up the stairs calling out for the two.

"Guys?!" Steven called out.

The two quickly turned around, Jo puts her shirt on and grabs a hoodie for later as Jeremiah turns to open the door revealing Conrad and Steven looking at them with his eyebrow raised.

"shit.." Conrad smirked at them. Jolene rolled her eyes at him.

"what the fuck we're you two doing in there?" he said in his snarky little tone.

"nothing, just talking. " Jeremiah quickly told him.

Jo fixed her hair as Steven said "well come on then we're gonna be late. "

The three went down the stairs and sneaked out the door.

Jo took a quick glance at Jeremiah who was actually looking at her too. He quickly turned his gaze somewhere else. They got into the car and started speeding off to their destination.

Jeremiah and Jo sat at the back while Conrad was in the front with Steven driving.

There was awkward silence the whole time, Jo sometimes caught Jere looking at her then quickly turning his gaze away.

Why is he doing that? Was what i did, wrong?

Aririving at their destination, Steven slowly parked the car on the side of the road. They quickly start to get off the car and approach the part of the beach where the party was.

As the four got off they started making their way to the party they each went their own separate ways, Conrad and Steven went together as Coimnrad introduced him to a bunch of girls, one in particular. Shayla Wang. Long dark wavy to curly hair, a sophisticated face and stance. She's honestly an it girl to Jolene.

She is so effortlessly stunning.

Meanwhile Jeremiah and Jo we're the two separated from the other two. Foreboding silence and awkwardness overwhelms the two.

"I-Im sorry for what happened back there." Jolene broke the silence and apologized, it was always apart of her— when it got silent she always felt the mneeed to speak up.

"It's fine?" Jeremiah replied unsure of what to say, honestly for him, he wasn't mad at Jo for what happened back there it was just weird because he didn't know what to think of it as they were best friends.

"Are you sure? It was pretty bad.. I just didn't know what came over me and-" She was cut off by a girl calling Jeremiah over. Some girl named Gigi.

"Let's talk about it later okay? I have to go talk to them" Jeremiah cracks into a small smile, Jolene nods and displays a small smile as well.

Crap.

Jolene ran her hands through her hair in frustration, then walking off to get a drink.

Unbeknownst to the four Belly was now walking to the party wearing only nothing but a short pink dress.