Sixteen

*Talia's POV*

"FS-0006, please come with us," Lama Su states. She steps forward, then leaves without a word. At the time, we didn't think much of it. Sure, it was weird, Lama Su coming to retrieve us instead of Momma, but why would we pay much attention to it?

We soon found out that we should have been worried. FS-0006 never returned, and anytime someone asked Momma about it, she shut down the conversation immediately.

Next he came and asked for FS-0015, who also never returned. Zorro said they took FS-0020 and FS-0017, who never returned as well.

Despite their disappearances, nothing else changed. We continue our terrible training, every one of us failing over and over. It was clear the Kaminoans were disappointed with us, though they never told us that directly.

I stand in the room, frozen, unable to speak or move, as each memory of a batch mate being taken flashes before me. I try to scream, yell, and beg for them to stop, but no sound comes out. I watch as the numbers slowly lower, each one fighting more than the last, until me and Stella are the last two in the room. They came for her next, leaving me alone, scared for when they return for me.

But the next time the door opened, I was faced with Momma, commanding me to follow her, to stay silent and not question anything. I watch Zorro die once more, Momma pulling me forward.

She pulls us to a place I've never seen before, three ships in the room, the far wall open to the outside. She drags me onto a ship, turning it on and other things I didn't know she could do.

Angry voices fill the air, yelling at us to stop. I glance back out the ramp we boarded from, spotting the Kaminoans just as the ramp closed, and we sped away from Kamino.

"Ow!" I exclaim, jumping as Momma pushes the contents of a syringe into my arm. "I'm sorry, this is for your own good."

I bolt up, panting and sweating. I immediately regret it as my side hurts from my sudden movement. I slowly lower myself back down, panting from the pain, grateful when it starts to subside.

I take a deep breath, my heart rate slowing back down to normal. Distant voices can be heard from the rest of the house, the sun peaking through the curtains. I sigh, pushing myself up and out of bed.

I clip on my armor slowly, then make my way out to the rest of the house. The batch is sitting at the table, Cut and Suu with them. Distant chatter from the kids can be heard from outside.

I catch Hunter's eye as I approach, smiling towards him and taking a seat beside Tech. "We'll blend in with the locals, keeping an eye on you during the dealings. If things go south, we'll be ready," Hunter continues, Cut nodding in agreement.

"No armor then, guess I should change," I state, half joking. "You're staying here," Hunter starts, turning to face me. My eyes widen, "what? Why?"

"Because, you're still healing," he counters, narrowing his eyes. I scoff, crossing my arms and leaning back in my chair. I sit there for a moment, before getting up and heading back to my room. I feel eyes on me as I leave, but ignore them.

I change into my normal clothes, since it doesn't seem like I'll be doing anything today anyways, then walk past the group to head outside. "Tiny-" Hunter calls after me, but I ignore him.

"Hey," he calls again, sounding aggravated as he follows me outside. I ignore him once more, causing him to grab my shoulder and turn me towards him. "Talia," he states, staring down at me. "What?" I sass, earning an agitated sigh from him. I feel bad for a moment, just a moment, but it goes away quickly.