Fifteen

*Talia's POV*

I awaken before anyone else, scrolling a holopad as I wait for the medic. Once he finally arrived, he asked to check my wound, and offered a new pair of blacks.

I accepted gratefully, considering mine were bloody and have a hole cut into them. He checks the wound, replacing the bandaging with a smaller patch. He then helped me stand, turning away so I could change. I face my back to him as I gently pull the tight fabric off.

Im grabbing the new top when the hissing sound of a door grabs my attention. I glance towards it over my shoulder, spotting Hunter. However, we make no eye contact as his gaze glues to my back.

I'm frozen under his gaze, staring at him, knowing exactly what he sees. The scars. It was only recently that I had a memory of where they came from. The night he woke me from my nightmare, the memories of the Kaminoans forcing me to deflect those terrible little beams of lights.

My skin starts to tingle as I remember the burning sensation each hit caused me. My eyes start to water. His gaze finally finds mine, after what feels like forever. They widen a bit as he realizes he was staring, and he quickly turns to face the opposite direction. I pull the fabric over my head and down my torso, giving the boys the okay to turn back around.

I wipe my eyes before they can see, letting Kix assist me back into the medical bed. "Echo told me you guys are heading out soon, just make sure to keep the bandaging clean," he tells Hunter, who nods in response.

I wait for the medic to leave, thanking him, before asking Hunter where our next mission is. "Well, it's not really a mission.." he trails off, standing and shutting the door to the medical bay. "You can't tell any of the regs," he continues, taking a seat beside my bed. He then turns on a hologram recording, a familiar looking man appearing.

"Hey guys.." he starts, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I'm sorry to reach out like this, but I could use your help. We got into.. some trouble. This group of no good men were passing through our parts, the kids supposedly broke something valuable to them. I'm meeting them in two rotations to pay them, but I don't trust it. I'd feel safer with you guys here, mostly for the kids sake."

I glance towards Hunter, his eyes trained on the hologram. "I'll have to meet them regardless.. but I hope to see you boys soon." The hologram freezes, indicating it's finished. "Who's that?" I question. "An old friend. We're heading to help him, we received the message this morning," he replies, looking towards me.

"I'm just worried about you, and your condition."

I feel myself blushing at his words, internally punching myself for interpreting the words differently than I know he means. "You okay Tiny? You're heating up," he asks me worried, only making things a million times worse.

"Just got a little light headed, I feel better now," I lie through my teeth. However, Hunter being the man he is, doesn't question any of it. "We should get you ready to head out," he suggests, changing the subject.

I agree, and he stands to help me out of the medical bed once more. I wince as I sit up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. "Hang on," he says, grabbing my armor from a nearby table. He lays it out on the bed beside me, grabbing my leg pieces and attaching them gently.

I lift each leg in turn, then grab his outstretched hand to slide off the bed. I glance at the chest plate, frowning at the blaster hole. "I sanded down the inside, so it won't poke you. Wrecker grabbed you a replacement, but Echo wanted to repaint it first before giving it to you," he explains. I smile gratefully, allowing him to slowly attach the rest of my armor.

"How you feelin'?" He asks when he's finished. I smile again, "never better." He scoffs in response, smirking and leading the way to the ship. "Good to see you up," Tech states as we approach.