Eighteen

*Talia's POV*

I grumble as I wake, shifting on the bunk above me interrupting my sleep. I rub my eyes as I look around, Hunter grabbing armor from the bunk and clipping it on. "Morning, Tiny," he greets, smiling before grabbing more armor. I smile back up at him, memories of the night before flooding my mind.

"Morning."

"We're being sent to help another battalion, should be quick," he informs. I stretch, humming in response. "We'll be there soon," he states, glancing at me once more before heading to the cockpit.

I sigh, heading to the refresher to change, then I come back out and clip my armor on. I feel the ship rock as we land, the ramp lowering a moment later. I prop my helmet under my arms, following the boys outside. The battle rages on just a short distance ahead of us. "Greetings," a Kel Dor says kindly, approaching with a clone beside him.

The clones armor is much different than many I've seen, with grey accents and lots of detail. The clone removes his helmet, greeting us as well. I feel a small wave of shock pass through me as I take in the clones appearance, mostly his cybernetic eye.

"I am Jedi General Plo Koon," the general introduces, "and this is my commander, Wolffe." The clone nods as his name is said, Hunter quickly introducing the rest of us.

"What's the plan?" Crosshair asks, glancing into the ongoing blaster war. "We were told you boys would know how to beat them back," Wolffe states. "Ooh, we can do that," Wrecker says happily, cracking his knuckles as he grins.

And so that's what we do, jumping into action quickly, following Hunters orders. Crosshair quickly finds some high ground, dropping droids one after the other. I stay by Echo as we advance, breaking off from Hunter and Tech as they head left. Wrecker runs straight down the middle, shooting down droids before they can even react.

The rest of the battalion falls in behind us, the Jedi leading them. I find myself mesmerized by his weapon, which I've read is called a lightsaber. I've never seen one in person before. I quickly pull my gaze away, continuing after Echo as we take down droids, pushing them back the way they came.

They are soon in full retreat, Hunter ordering us to stop advancing as the Battalion chases them farther away. We regroup in the center of the droid graveyard, the Jedi soon joining us. "The droids are on the run, but they haven't left the planet yet. If we can take back the nearby town they've turned into their temporary outpost, they'll flee for good," the Jedi informs.

"Well let's go get them!" Wrecker exclaims, Crosshair sighing slightly as he rolls his eyes. "Unfortunately, my men have taken heavy casualties from this battle. It would be wise to refill our supplies and rest for the night," the Jedi states, Wolffe nodding in agreement as he approaches his side.

"Whatever you need from us General, we'll be ready to go by dawn," Hunter tells the Jedi, earning a bow in response. The pair walks off together, our group breaking up to settle in for the afternoon. "I'll take watch tonight," Crosshair states, settling against a tree and cleaning his sniper.

Tech sits a short distance beside him, focused on his datapad. Echo goes to socialize, probably familiar with some of the men here, and I'm not quite sure where Wrecker ran off too. I sit next to Tech, cleaning my blaster as Crosshair taught me to do, him occasionally reminding me the next step if he notices I'm struggling.

After a while, a clone approaches us, "any injuries?" He asks, Crosshair shaking his head, then he leaves. "I could never be a medic," he comments, turning back to his sniper. Tech huffs, "you'd have a hard time comprehending anything past shooting droids."

Crosshair glares over to him, Tech trying, and failing, to hide his smirk. "Alright, smart guy, what do you know about being a medic." Tech looks towards Crosshair at this, adjusting his glasses, "well, you'd first have to know the anatomy of the body, like where the liver is located, or how-"