~ Chapter 26 ~

I sat watching everyone opening their presents. I picked and bit at my nails, feeling my stomach turn occasionally. I could feel eyes staring at me from every corner of the room making me flushed. I had to get out, just away from everyone for a moment. 

I stood up quietly walking outside in the dark. It was freezing, the snow landed on the ground before me. I walked out into the garden to the greenhouse further away from the house. Once inside I looked around and saw Dad's new projects he was working on. Each laid out for him to work on in the morning, even in all of the chaos of the greenhouse there still was some organisation. I sat down playing around with the music box that was sitting in front of me. The tune played out lightly as I picked it up. I watched as the ballerina danced I didn't hear the door open. 

"What are you doing in here?" I jumped gripping my chest. 

"Merlin, Dad." I laughed as he came closer sitting down on the chair next to me. He chuckled to himself as he took the music box from me. 

"I'll ask again. What are you doing in here in the dark?" 

"Nothing i just need some time on my own." I shrugged avoiding his eyeline. 

"Really?" He said placing down the music box. "Doesn't seem like it." 

"I promise you I'm fine. Just don't feel well." I said feeling my stomach turn. 

"Hmmm. Alright, whatever you say." He said, I could tell he didn't believe me in the slightest. "It's nothing to do with work is it?" He asked. 

"No!" 

"Well, I've been talking with Remus about what is happening."

"What?!" I said looking back at him with panic. "What did he say?" 

"He just mentioned Sirius Black, and also a mention of Peter Pettigrew as well."

"Oh. Yes, that." I said feeling somewhat relieved. "It's been weird. Everyone is walking on eggshells like they know something is off. Especially Remus after he found the map all he does is..."

"What map?" Dad asked confused. 

"The map. That him Sirius, James and Peter made." I said seeing him even more confused. 

"He never mentioned a map." 

"Didn't he," I asked.

"No. If something is going off you must mention it to someone." 

"I know." I sighed. "But I can tell something is bothering him the most. He watches the map like a hawk at night, he keeps repeating Peter's name." 

"Y/N you must understand Peter is..."

"Dead I know but somethings not right." I sighed. 

"Y/N I know you two have grown close." He said. "But this is something way too complicated for you to understand." I scoffed. 

"What do you mean?!" I snapped. "You haven't been there you don't know what it's like for him or for anyone for that matter."

"Remus is a grown man he can handle himself!" He raised his voice. 

"A grown man who's lost everyone in his life!" I shouted back feeling defensive. Both of us sat until I stood back up to leave. "Remus and I are leaving in the morning." 

"What? Why!?" He turned to face me. 

"I think we should go back," I said before leaving. I slammed the door and stormed back into the house. I ran upstairs as Mum shouted for me. I ran to my room and picked up my suitcase shoving all my clothes into it.

"What's going on here?" I turned to see Remus leaning against the door frame. 

"I'm going home tomorrow."

"Home. But you are home." He chuckled and sat down on the bed. 

I sighed and smiled to myself. "I meant work. But technically anywhere with you feels like home." I turned back around to see him smiling back at him with a badly wrapped present in his lap. He had also brought up the ones I brought for him still wrapped up. 

He reached out for me and placed his hands against my hips. "I'm glad you think the same way." He mumbled as I leaned down placing a kiss against his lips. He pulled me down landing back on the bed trying to deepen the kiss. I laughed and pulled back seeing him smiling back at me. "Why do you want to go, love?" He asked pushing back some hair behind my ear. 

"I just want some time alone, just with you," I whispered to him. 

He chuckled. "But what about your family?" I sighed. 

"At the moment I don't want to be around them," I said. Remus sat up with a concerned look. 

"Why not?" 

"I just don't want to," I whispered again as he rubbed my back in comfort. 

"Then we'll leave tomorrow morning."