A list of Shanghai Souvenirs

This chapter's art contest winner is @Ak1raMan1ac with this scene from the last chapter!

Short Author's note, but I don't have much to write, see you all later!

-Taco <3

——————

You pat down the new set of clothes that one of the ladies from the back of the train gave to you. Chris was sensible enough to supply spares and a chance to wash the chafing paint off your skin when you woke up.

It came off relatively easily, unlike the new feelings you were having to live with now that Noah had firmly decided to get in your way.
At least you looked presentable for the cameras now...

Before you fell asleep last night, you decided one thing.

Even if Noah came crawling back, you weren't going to let him team up with you again.
Not until he got his head in gear; not until he'd learnt his lesson.

If he was that desperate for the million, he wasn't going to have you. He wasn't going to have either.
Because now, your eyes were back on the prize.

Unlocking the latch to the back of the shipping crate, you got a chance to breathe fresh air for what felt like the first time in a while.

stepping to the other cabin while the train was in motion was a risk. But honestly, you didn't care.
In fact, you cared so little that a grin worked its way onto your face when you spotted a ladder up to the train's roof.

There was a metallic thud when your back pressed against the top of the train carriage.
You were freight hopping.
It was illegal.

But, that didn't matter.

The wind flew past your face with such speed it almost made you forget things.
But the quiet, the view of the sky and the unfortunately hot summer sun gave you a chance to think through things.

Like your new big question; Were you going to take Noah to the finale?

Surely it was still a good idea. But now, he had a competition win in his belt. He was much less of a pushover.

But, you had to face it, your other choices weren't weaker than he was.
Whatever, fine. You were going to keep Noah.

Maybe...

You fiddled with your nails, picking out any remaining bits of paint, waiting for any other questions that needed answering.

None came though; Mostly just reminders of how poorly you were doing these last few challenges.
God, you needed to get your head in the game.

You smacked yourself on the forehead and cheeks to get some kind of adrenaline running through your bloodstream.

There was one benefit to failing so hard. You looked like less of a threat.
That wasn't how you wanted to win, though. You had already been too underhanded to win by flying under the radar.