A Race Under The Gates

You spent most of the train ride looking out of the window, as the scenery slowly blended from the city skyline, to small villages, to the human silence of the uncharted forest.

It was like you were flying in the canopy of the world's prettiest sights. You spotted the train pass by mount fuji, miles and miles in the distance, your head was practically mushed against the window when it passed by your vision.

"Ah, Mount Fuji, Japan's sleeping giant."
Alejandro noticed your interest and decided to talk.

You adjusted your posture and correctly sat in your seat again,
"Yeah, it supposedly hasn't erupted since the sixteenth century though. But, it's still considered active."

"Great, you're both nerds. Remind me to tag you in for the pub quiz challenge when Harold starts looking unbeatable."
Noah snarked at the two of you.

"Aren't you supposedly the smartest player in the show's history, Noah? Seems a bit hypocritical to be calling us nerds."
Alejandro retorted, leaving you to laugh a little bit.

————— RECORDING NOAH... —————

"Great, the two of them are bonding, over me nonetheless."

"And yes, I'm the smartest person to play this game. But I'm smart enough to not reveal everything I know right off the bat."

Chef's voice can be overheard as Noah sits in the plane's cockpit,
"Not smart enough to avoid being the first eliminated from your team though."

Chef's laughter started filling the confessional being recorded, as a grimace spread on Noah's face.

"Ugh! Whatever, I'm going back to the toilet."

————— RECORDING Y/N... —————

"Alejandro is the karma Noah never realised he needed. He's pretty, smart, seemingly very physically strong given his build. It's only fair for Noah to see him as a threat, honestly."

"Plus, he's great fun. I'm so glad he's on my team. I'd honestly be scared of him otherwise."

————— ENDING RECORDING —————

Noah hid his face in a book and left you and Alejandro to talk. You saw the way that he shivered when Owen called him Al, so you made a conscious effort to call him by his full name. Besides, if he was a threat, you wanted him on your good side.

Occasional yelling could be heard from the third coach of the train as Courtney, Heather and Gwen got into arguments over their leadership of the team.
Having three of the four loudest women in the cast on one team would be great for the drama. But, you had a feeling that the challenges wouldn't go too well for them.

another piercing ring fell out of the train's PA,
"Oh man, I am loving this drama already! You guys are awesome! The train lands at our next destination in just five minutes! So get ready to move it, people!"

Noah looked up from his book, and closed it.

You were honestly just confused how he had a book on him the first place, none of his pockets were big enough.

Maybe he was just magic. You'd have to be certain of it first though before calling him a witch.

The station that the train pulled into was smaller, more rural, as the walls were built out of an aging wood and stone.

The doors to each coach slowly sighed open, and you and your new team were able to step onto the platform.
The night was still relatively new, leaving you to take in the smell of the dew gathering on the plants around you, and the sound of the quiet natural ambiance in the air.