The Return of Carnival

Congrats again to @Ak1raMan1ac for winning another art competition! Watching your art improve is the best!
If you want your art at the top of next chapter, send me a message for a link to the discord server :D

Sorry for taking so long to upload this chapter, I got seriously depressed and lost one of my jobs. Good news it, I'm on the up, and I'm waiting to hear back from an interview. :)

Anyway, enough with the sob stories.

Enjoy reading :)

——————————

"Shush, shush! She's waking up!"
You heard giggles in front of you, while you became increasingly more conscious.

It was the curiosity that woke you up.

"Ugh, what's so funny?"
You rubbed your eyes, and opened them. Looking back was Leshawna, DJ and Gwen, with massive smiles on their faces.

"Nothing girl, how's Noah's shoulder?"
Leshawna teased, and you decided to play along.

"It's comfy. Why, you jealous?"
You laughed, a smirk splattered cross your lips, in an attempt to cover the steadily growing blush on your face.

Leshawna sat up in shock and replied with ruckus laughter.
"Oh sugar, he's rubbing off on you."

"Really?"
You stammered, hoping that wasn't a bad thing, grasping into the fabric of your hoodie to numb the antsy feeling in your chest.

"Oh yeah, he is. But don't worry, we still like you. You're actually funny."
Gwen laughed, emphasising the actually.

"Hey, I heard that."
Noah scoffed, finally waking up.

Gwen bit back,
"What are you gonna do about it, nerd?"

Noah pouted in spite, and looked away from the four of you, patting down his white T-shirt and sliding his blue button-up over his shoulders.

Gwen looked at you from the other set of seats and Noah's eyes followed. He caught a glimpse of the sleep in your eyes, and the imprinted red on your cheek from falling asleep on his shoulder again.
Oh God, it was impossible to ignore his feelings now. So, he scrambled for an excuse.

"Whatever. I'm going to get breakfast."
His hands were on his face, covering his cheeks as he took to the bar in front of first class.

You sat in your seat, nervous, feeling your stomach sink.
Were you going too far? Was he sick of all of this?
God, why did you have to think about him so much.

"Oh man, he likes you."
DJ laughed, immediately cutting your ridiculous train of thought off.

"You think so?"
You asked, fiddling with your hands.

"Oh absolutely."
Leshawna smiled, and the relief washed over you. At least if your judgement was incorrect, everyone else's was too.

"Why not ask him out?"
Gwen asked, and you felt your heart claw at the inside of your ribcage, wanting to jump out in excitement.

"It's easier to target couples. I'm playing for the win..."
It hurt a bit saying that. But you were going to stick by it. You pressed your head against the glass of the window to repress some of the feelings.

You tried to ignore how happy you were.
But you were so uncertain...

"Ugh, boring!"
Gwen chuckled, waving to Courtney who was looking after their things.