Chapter 4

Poison Ivy herself was standing next to Elena. We called her poison Ivy as she could be very prickly And if she didn't like you, you'd up feeling As though you were about to get a very brutal rash In places you really wouldn't want it.

Everybody could tell when she was in the building. Her high heels would be making an almost tap dancing sound against the ground.

Mrs Fletcher was the person in charge of taking care of anybody with any learning differences. She was very well known to favour the guys.

Her hair looked like a cat had just thrown up a furball and then attempted to pin it to the back of her head.

"Miss Robinson, I believe you've just come from Mr Walker's class. Is that correct?" "Yeah I did. Why is there an issue?"

"Only Mr Walker tells me you refused to stay in the room for the last lesson of the day. Now I understand it's the last lesson of the day but is that really an excuse to be rude to staff?"

"I was stating the facts. Those guys in my class have been bullying me for the last four years, and this school has done absolutely nothing about it!" Elena says, trying not to sound overly out of line.

"We are well aware of this Miss Robinson but a few rude words isn't bullying" "How do you explain the bottles of Urine that just conveniently turn up inside my bag everytime i leave my bag outside the science classes?"

Elena is struggling at this point not to snap out at Poison Ivy. If there was something she was certain of, it was that Mrs Fletcher thrived of seeing people upset, miserable , or angry.

"Perhaps you are doing it to avoid doing your homework?" suggests Mrs Fletcher.

"Let me get this straight. You are suggesting I intentionally fill bottles up with piss and put them inside my bag just to avoid doing homework?"

"What you do in your free time is entirely up to you, and you do appear to like causing drama around here." Elena scoffs. "Just because I'm studying drama doesn't mean I actually want to cause drama!"

"We haven't been able to identify anyone who's been putting these "bottles of urine" inside your bag so doesn't that give us some right to assume it is more likely to be you causing the problems?"

"You really want to know what I think you should do? I think you should check the CCTV footage, but funnily enough, whenever i ask for you to check it, it isn't up and running? Now who's the one who likes the drama eh Mrs Fletcher."

Elena pictures a bingo grid and marks herself for getting a full house for that response, seen as Mrs Fletcher is sitting there looking like a fish out of water.

"Miss Robinson, may we continue with discussing why you are not in English?" "I don't think there's much point in doing that." "But it is important you can't keep bringing your work in here as and when you feel like it."

"Only the thing is, this class is specifically laid out to help people with, well how can i put this...grades as low as yourself. We need your grades to improve somewhat drastically, or else our performance as a school will be very poor and we need to he seen as exceptional especially if we want our school to become an academy in the upcoming years."

"Oh, so you put me in a class with the underachieving students because you're worried about the schools image ?And rather than supporting us in the correct way of listening to us, you'd rather throw us in the deep end without anything to help us with."

"Elena, I don't appreciate your tone. You have got to stay calm."

"You're only talking to me like this because you know that I'm right and that I'm capable of speaking up for myself and you know that If I dare say anything like this it could potentially ruin your reputation."

Before poison Ivy has the chance to speak, we see Elena getting up out of her chair, Poison Ivy pats Elenas on the shoulder. Elena has had enough.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? IM TRYING MY BEST TO BE A GOOD STUDENT, I GO TO HOMEWORK CLUB I GET HELP THERE, I ARRIVE EARLY TO NEARLY EVERY SINGLE LESSON ALL EXCEPT FROM ENGLISH BECAUSE HAVING THIS THING CALLED A DISABILITY IS A PAIN IN THE FUCKING ARSE TO DEAL  WITH. I ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT FOR EVERY SINGLE LESSON, I COME INTO SCHOOL EARLY JUST SO I CAN GO OVER PREVIOUS NOTES JUST SO I CAN CHECK IM UP TO SPEED, WHICH IM NEVER GOING TO 100% BE DUE TO MY DIFFICULTIES. I CAN'T GET EXCEPTIONAL MARKS IN EVERY SINGLE LESSON BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? IM A FUCKING HUMAN WHO DESERVES TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT NOT WHATEVER HELL THIS IS THAT YOU ARE GIVING ME RIGHT NOW. IF I CAN ACCEPT THAT AND IM 17 YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU THEN WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU?

Elena rips up her work she was meant to have completed.

" You can take that to Mr Walker's class yourself and tell him that Elena's mum had to pick her up due to her outburst in the library, I'm going home."

Mrs Fletcher is stunned. She doesn't even attempt to go after Elena.

Elena, meanwhile, feels proud of her outburst, even though she is in tears from vocalising her views to more than just poison Ivy.