Fall: Onslaught vs Sun

Port: (over the broadcasting system) Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The one-on-one finals!

(In the center of the battlefield's stage, Yang smirks confidently as the camera pans down the line of final fighters, a few new faces mixed in with Sun, Penny, Mercury, Onslaught and the troubled Pyrrha at the other end of the line)

Port: (back in the announcer's box with his co-host) Barty, why don't you explain the rules?

Oobleck: Ah, it's quite simple, Peter. Instead of a bracket system, each round of the finals will be randomly determined immediately before the match takes place!

Port: Much like any good hunt, there will be zero time to prepare!

Oobleck: Ah, yes, yes! Now, let's see who our first match will be!

(It spins around till it stops)

Port: Yang Xiao Long and Mercury Black!

Ruby: Break a leg, sis!

Cinder, still smiling, gets up from her place and begins walking out, eyes on the battlefield.

Port: Would all other combatants please leave the stage!

(The rest of the lineup does so, and Yang starts walking up to Mercury in the middle as the floor around them opens once more, with a ring of spotlights rising up to automatically fix their lights on the remaining two)

Port: What a way to kick off the finals!

Oobleck: Yang Xiao Long wins!

Ruby: Yeah! You did it, sis!

Blake: Way to go, Yang!

Yang: Better luck next time.

(She starts walking to the exit, getting pretty far away before Mercury seems to get up outside her peripheral vision)

Mercury: (murderously angry) There's not going to be a next time, Blondie!

(A sharp sound is heard in the sudden silence as Yang turns around just in time to see Mercury leap forward with a kick to his unsuspecting victim. Yang scowls as she just manages to both bring her gauntlet down on and shoot his leg before he hits her. The second she does so, there is a sound of something breaking. The audience gasps in shock, and Mercury reels back from the pain)

Oobleck: (getting up from his chair) My word!

Port: (to someone offscreen) Cut the cameras!

(The looks of surprise, horror, and hatred at Yang cut to a view of Mountain Glenn, where two Goliaths near a ruined hamburger joint and a pack of Beowolves up in the construction beams of an unfinished building all look towards the Colosseum floating near Beacon)

Mercury: (still grasping his injured body part, rocking back and forth) My leg, MY LEG!

Yang: (trash talking) That's what you get, you little- Huh?

(she stops just as she notices the Atlesian Knight-200 droids and two Soldiers circling the Huntress-in-training and raising their guns to her)

Soldier: Yang Xiao Long, stand down!

Yang: (not having a clue what's going on) What!? Why!?

Emerald: Mercury! (she rushes over to her partner's side, comforting him)