Mysterious Felines Pt. 2

In the late afternoon, Freckle and Bluebeard jumped onto the bathroom window of Francis's building, finding Rocky half-dressed with his clothes hung above the empty tub. A strong stench came from him, and it wasn't because of a skunk. Freckle scrunched his nose in disgust. Bluebeard chuckled, wrinkling his nose, "Whew! What an oder! Smells like you got a little action!"

Rocky slowly turned around with a toothbrush in his mouth. He stretched his arms and sighed, "I guess so. I hope you know who she is detective, because Francis thinks she can help solve the case."

"Francis thinks she can what? The case?" Bluebeard blinked in surprise. "Solve it? Are you kidding me? Judging by the way you stink Casanova, it's not the case you've been investigating this morning." He jumped into the bathroom, followed by Freckle.

"I have to agree with Bluebeard, Rocky." Freckle smiled, sitting on the edge of the tub. "I highly doubt that the mystery was the first thing on your mind when you had your little..." he looks up to see some women's pantyhose. "Date."

Rocky turned off the sink and yawned widely. "Holy cow," He muttered before saying, "Yeah, you're right. I was distracted but if you had met this girl you would be singing a different tune. Francis will back me up on it. Speaking of which did you stop by to check on her Frecks?"

"I came to check on both of you but by the way you're smiling you had all the comfort you needed last night while poor Franny was probably suffering alone having nightmares about what we saw!" The orange cat exclaimed furiously as he grabbed his cousin by the front of his shirt. "Have you no sense of tact man!"

"Easy there tough guy," Bluebeard pulled Freckle away from Rocky, trying to calm the agitated teen down. "Judging by the way Francis sent us up to talk to him I doubt she had any problem with him," he paused for a moment. "Now that I think about she had the same odor as your cousin over there."

Freckle stopped struggling in the old Dick's grip as he turned to Rocky with wide eyes.

"Care to comment?"

"Well for starters Francis and I both found comfort in the arms of a mysterious feline which involved some intimacy of a romantic nature." Bluebeard had a shit-eating grin while sweet Freckle's jaw dropped. "So, in conclusion, we both got distracted but that's the past. Francis wants us to get back to the case! Starting by telling you about Miss Cleo."

Freckle rubbed his head, "Rocky why would Francis want you to tell us about some floozy?"

"Because this was the second time she came to me," Rocky replied.

"When?" The old man asked sternly.

"Last night before I went to Francis' house," Rocky replied. "She warned us to stop finding the murderer before something happened. Claiming that she wished to ensure no more innocent lives were taken... or not so innocent, as she called them. She also says she isn't the murderer and that her name is Cleo. Oh! and that her perfume is called 'Instinct'!" the tabby noted.

"What did she look like?" Freckle asked. "She had Sandy fur and blazing yellow eyes and her eyelashes were so exotic."

Bluebeard shook his head, muttering about weird cats. "Bluebeard do you know this woman?" Freckle asked, curious about the old man's comment.

"I don't know her, but I know the breed, though the name is a mystery of itself. They've popped up in the last several years. But I doubt they're foreigners because the immigration folks are surprised at their presence."

"Because they came out of nowhere?" Rocky concluded.

"That, and because they're not like you and I." Bluebeard continued, stretching and walking out into the sun. He and Freckle approached a large box with books, he explained, "They're wild, boys. I might hiss and spit at thugs like Kong, but these new faces take it to another level. I've heard about them attacking criminals that have been around for a long time and not a single one has ever lost a fight. Not to mention they're weird-lookin'."