A horrific tragedy and discovery

Francis's Pov
I don't know how loud I was screaming or when I stopped. All I knew was I was wet, tired, and horrified with a sore throat. Those poor babies never had a chance.

"My god..." Rocky whispered as he stared at the horror in front of him. I couldn't say anything. My fur slowly raised and bristled. The unknown mother's blue eyes stared off into nothing and her mouth lay open like she was gasping for breath. I slowly backed away from the body, feeling myself start to shake. Freckle hadn't said a word either just starting at the body trying to keep it all in.

"Looks like they ran out of steam. That's what happens to you if you eat too much junk food." Kong growled as he reached the top of the wall and looked down at us.

I panted for breath and turned around and said, "Yeah I'm out of breath. And I'm not the only one!"

Kong leaped down growling and Francis moved to the side. Kong asked, "What bullshit are you talking about now?" Kong looked past Francis and gasped, "Solitaire!"

Kong rushed forward and pushed Francis aside. "Oh, Solitaire! What has happened to you? What the hell has that evil bastard done?!" He called to the dead female. He then called out, "Oh my lovey Solitaire..."

Francis moved back to talk to the Herman twins while Rocky and Freckle backed up near a bush. If Kong was wailing about Solitaire like this, then maybe that was his spouse and his kits...

But somehow I doubt that. I thought to myself. "Who was she?"

"Solitaire was the boss's favorite girl. Odds are that's his family you see," the female twin answered sadly.

Everyone stayed quiet aside from Kong's wailing. I didn't know what to say a minute ago Kong was trying to kill us now he's crying over one of his 'girlfriends' it's unreal. Did he love her? I guess even a thug like Kong has a heart.

No Pov

"Who? WHO? Dammit!" Kong ranted and looked at the trio. "You... No, you were not there. The time was too short..." he concluded. "But who then? Who?!" he wails.

Then a police car came up and they were about to scatter when Francis saw a familiar face. "Bluebeard!" she yelled as she rushed to the old man. "What the hell is going on here?"

"...Slit belly...kits...innocent kits...blood...so much blood..." Francis panted still shaken from the scene.

"Francis, snap out of it!" Bluebeard exclaimed, pushing her shoulders with his paws so she was sitting. "What happened?"

"Rocky and I were exploring and found a strange film. About a mad scientist and Claudius."

"He's real."

"Yes but never mind that. Kong and the Hermans came in and chased us out. Freckle came to help us, but as we got to the garden..." she took a breath. "There was a dead female cat. Oh, it was worse than the last ones. Even Felicity's death."

"How so?"

She sniffled, wiping the still-fresh tearstains from her cheeks with her paw. "She was with kits. Her belly was slit open, and the kits... they lay in the grass. They weren't ready to be born.... they were far from ready." She covered her eyes with her paws. "What did they do to deserve this cruel fate?" She sobbed, the picture of the dead female cat and her kittens flashing in her mind.

"Now it's kittens?! Ones that didn't need to die?!" Bluebeard snarled. What could be gained from this?

"You're right, those kits didn't need to die." He looked down at Francis, who was still crying. Other than her smart-aleck tones, Bluebeard had never heard her voice weakened before.