━ 19. Quidditch World Cup

Harry was more excited than he imagined he would be, which was an understatement in itself, knowing this was his first time attending the Quidditch World Cup. 

While Ron was beyond thrilled to be able to see his favorite Quidditch player- Victor Krum of Bulgaria qualify for the finals, it was a well-known knowledge that Hermione hated flying and never tried out Quidditch in school, only played in the Burrow with Harry, Ron, and Ginny, she was always happy to tag along with her best friends. And Harry, on the other hand, felt complete for the first time. He felt like he was going on a vacation with a full family of his own and of course, his best friends.

A proper, real family that he had been longing for all his life.

The Weasleys have always treated him like family, sure, but there's something truly incomparable when it comes to your own family. People who were there from the moment you were born and raised- well, in Diana's case, she was only there when Harry was born and never had the chance to watch him grow up but Harry wasn't going to be the one to stress on those technicalities. The first time he had met Diana and saw her looking at him with her usual soft expression despite her disheveled appearance, she felt like family to him, he knew she was his family. And that was enough for him.

Diana was taking a huge risk just by going along with them even if she would be going in her animagus form as Harry's second pet as she was still under the ministry's watchful radar. Harry was worried about her but at the same time, he couldn't deny the bubbling feeling of excitement he was feeling in his stomach.

He felt like what Sirius always said might be true after all. "What is life without a little risk, dearest Harry!"

The day before the Quidditch World Cup, Harry packed his bags, along with Ron and Hermione. Hermione kept nagging and reminding them about all the essentials they'd be needing while traveling. Ron was grumbling about how Draco would be there as well and would probably be boasting about sitting in the VIP section with his git of a father. After they had finished packing, Fred and George entered the room as they finished packing as well.

"We, for once, should definitely hex that ugly Kreacher! He literally called me a blood traitor on my pretty face!" Fred exclaimed dramatically. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I wonder what would happen if we used the Stinging hex on that git. Disfiguring his already ugly face would be one way to start..." George thought out loud. Ron decided to give the idea a thought and created a mental image in his head thoughtfully.

"You can't!" Hermione protested heavily. "First of all, elf magic is far more powerful than your adequate wizardry skill,"

"Granger just called us adequate wizards!" Fred and George put their hands on their chest feigning hurt.

The only girl in the group rolled her eyes. "And secondly, Diana told us to be kind to him."

"Boring!" Fred and George exclaimed out loud before turning to Harry. "But speaking of that, Harry, you never told us your godmother was such a great catch," Fred said, wiggling his brows.

Harry raised his brows and didn't know what to say.

"That's gross, Fred," Hermione said, deadpanned. "Grow up."

"No, seriously, if you think about it, Harry's godfather's a pretty good catch too," George said as if thinking out loud. Hermione and Harry stared at them with blank faces.

"Honestly, where are you two going with this?" Ron said, exasperated.

"If these two made up, then, our lonely little Harry can have some pretty little god siblings."

"Ah, so that's where you were going." Ron sighed. "I honestly thought you were starting to fancy Diana or something."

"I mean, I could if I had Harry's blessing," Fred winked at Harry, and the bespectacled boy felt like puking. George laughed out loud.