━ 6. Reunion and suspicions

"I saw Harry." Diana said softly as she looked outside the broken window.

Both of them were still in the Shrieking Shack, occupying the same room; Remus was sitting beside her on the floor, leaning their backs against the cold wall. It had been twelve years since the two friends last saw each other and not to mention, there was some heavy misunderstanding on his part until now. 

Remus felt awfully guilty for despising one of his best friends for twelve years for a crime she never even committed. He admitted that it was a dark time back then and they didn't know whom they could believe or should believe but he still couldn't forgive himself for not trusting her back then. 

Now that he thought about it and after Diana explained everything, neither did he understand nor remember why they actually suspected Diana in the first place. How could a person like her possibly betray them when she probably never even hurt a fly in her life?

"When?" Asked Remus. 

"During one of the Quidditch matches." Diana said with a soft, pained smile. "He flies just like James, Remus, he's like an identical copy of James. He looks so much like him that I almost felt like I was looking at James." It was hard to miss the evident sadness in her voice. "I saw his broom broke when he fell. I heard he's alright but his broom didn't look like it could be fixed anymore. I wanted to buy him a new one and send it to him anonymously but I didn't have any wizard money on me right now..."

"Don't worry about it." Remus assured her, smiling. "Sirius already bought him another one. Firebolt. It's the current favourite and the fastest one right now. He was ecstatic."

It didn't go unnoticed by Remus how she stiffened hearing Sirius's name. She looked away, fidgeting her fingers nervously, picking at her dirty nails and cuticle. As she tucked a strand of hair behind her ears, for a split second, Remus saw a glimpse of a tattoo on her wrist. He didn't choose to mention it though as he assumed it must be from Azkaban and talking about her days she spent there would not be the best idea right now.

"H-how is he?" She asked tensely. Although, she was in Azkaban for the last twelve years but it wasn't hard for her to imagine how Sirius felt about her right now.

"He's good." It was hard for Remus too but he still lied. There was no way or words he could actually describe Sirius's current feelings towards her right now. 

She turned and looked straight into his light brown eyes. As her hazel orbs that had subtle blue flecks in them stared into him, he couldn't help but remember how during their school years he used to think that Diana had the most enchanting eyes ever. And he was right still. He became speechless for a moment under her strong gaze.

"You're lying." She said bluntly and emotionlessly.

Remus blinked.

"You might be a marauder but you were never a good liar, Moony." For the first time, she called his nickname and winked playfully. Remus's inside felt warmed up. "He hates me, no, he probably resents me to the point where he wants to kill me. I know."

Of course, she knows. How many years they were friends after all? How many years were they mad for each other... and never admitted?

"Once the truth comes in light, everyone will know that you're innocent, Di." Remus said. "And then Sirius will know the truth too."

"I bet Harry hates me too. Heck he doesn't even know who I am probably. I want to see him so much..." As if she wasn't even listening to Remus, her glazed eyes stared in the distance as she mumbled to herself.

"He doesn't know now but he will, once we reveal Peter's existence. He is so much like Lily that you'll be as astonished, Di" He said and Diana looked at him curiously.