━ 5. Trust & two friends

It would be a terrible lie if Remus had said that he had a clear mind for the rest of the week.

His body was already very weak and ill from his transformation and that anonymous letter he found at Shrieking Shack kept his mind preoccupied most of the time. He could hardly concentrate during the classes, sometimes he had to request the students to repeat their questions (mostly Hermione) because he hadn't heard it the first time which was something he really hated to do.

He had a vague idea that the students really liked him and he also got a wind of some strange rumors like how the Defense post was jinxed. He could hardly care though; the fact that Albus Dumbledore had given him a job despite his condition was more than enough for him.

But the financial security that came with the job was hardly keeping the unease and stress away from his mind as he had started to have more serious things to worry about then.

Apparently a murderer on the loose wanted to meet him, face to face.

Remus was stuck in his own indecisiveness which happened to him very rarely.

He saw Peter's name on the Marauder's map with own eyes, there was no trick or whatsoever and the map never lies; after all, he was one of the four marauders behind the creation of this map. So it put a great amount of stress in his mind and he was struggling with himself about whether he should let Sirius know about this.

On the other hand, he was also having a hard time believing a convicted murderer on the loose who also happened to be the murderer of his three best friends- though there was now confusion around Peter's death. There was no proof that the letter was from Diana but the cursive handwriting was so painfully familiar that even the sight of that letter brought back painful memories.

'The amount of time we did our homeworks together at the library...'

Yet, he hadn't informed Dumbledore about anything till now. He had been keeping secrets - secrets that can actually hurt Harry, his best friend's son - from the man who trusted him enough to let him study in Hogwarts then gave him a job at Hogwarts.

He was drowning in his own guilt and shame yet a part of him, a tiny little part deep inside of him, thought something different, wanted something different.

He hated to admit it but he was actually curious about what Diana had to say as he already started to have his own doubts about Peter's death.

So he did according to what the letter had said. If you agree, come out here next week the same day as today, 10pm.

He wasn't sure whether he was falling into a danger or calling a danger in the school territory on his own accord.

_

Remus came out of the castle at exactly 10:15 pm. The letter didn't specify a location, so he assumed that it must be the Shrieking Shack, the most haunted house in the entire London and the place where he actually found the letter.

He went inside the same room where he collapsed on the day of his transformation. There was a very ancient four poster bed in the room and a very old looking wooden rolling chair in the corner. The curtains were ragged and torn and there was also a broken table in another corner of the room.

There was no sign of a soul inside the Shrieking Shack. Looked like she was taking her time to come out.

Remus sighed and sat on the bed. He had his wand with him and she was not supposed to have one since she just escaped from the Azkaban, unless she stole from anyone or anything. He had to be on his guard; he was already risking enough by just appearing here and he didn't want to create any more stupid problems by coming here unarmed.