━ 17. Reunion

Diana didn't come out of her room for days. Out of concern, Remus tried to check on her everyday but the door of her room never opened for him. The only thing he got from her everyday was, "leave me alone, Remmy. Please."

Sure, a closed door had never been a problem for a wizard; one simple spell and it's wide open. But Remus obviously didn't have any intention of breaking into his own friend's room when she was clearly having a hard time. He knew that she'd open it on her own when she had finally gathered herself and her scattered emotions. She was a strong person, he knew that but 12 years in Azkaban for a crime she had never committed, brutal death of her friends and parents, death of Regulus that she only came to know three days ago and Sirius...

He didn't know what happened between the two. Remus caught his best friend going in front of Diana's room upstairs a lot of times but he never saw Sirius knocking on her door or saying anything. He just stood in front of the closed door of her room for a couple of seconds with an emotionless frown before turning around and walking away.

Remus couldn't understand anything because none of them would say anything to him. It wasn't like they never fought before; during their times in Hogwarts, they fought often as their opposite personalities clashed frequently. But they had always resolved them on their own.

But then again, Sirius did believe that Diana was the snitch for 12 years and played a crucial part in putting her behind the bars only to be proven wrong a few weeks ago.

Remus sighed as he took a sip from his tea slowly. The Grimmauld Place was more grim than ever, even with three people living within. Kreacher placed a plate of custard pie in front of the light brown haired man, grumbling profanities under his breath. Remus paid no heed to it as always. Kreacher was the only one who could go into Diana's room using its elf magic to bring her food and stuff and surprisingly he never heard Diana shouting at the house elf to get out of her room.

Remus got up from his chair finishing his tea and pie. He had news and he was quite convinced that if he decided to tell this to Diana, she might finally open the door.

Going upstairs, Remus knocked on the door. A moment of silence before a groan came out.

"It's Remus." He said shortly.

A loud sigh. "Go away Re--"

"I've got a letter from your Godson."

A moment of pindrop.

"Do you want me to read out the contents of the letter loudly so that you can hear?"

"... yes, please."

"Too bad." Remus clicked his tongue playfully. "Am not in the mood."

"Why you little--"

"That's funny coming from someone who's a foot shorter than me."

"I AM NOT A FOOT SHORTER THAN YOU, YOU BLOODY WOLF!"

Remus chuckled loudly. "Don't you think it would be a lot better if we bicker face to face instead of having a closed door between us?"

Another moment of silence.

"And there are things in Harry's letter that you might want to know."

A whole minute of silence before a loud sigh. Then a click of the door and it was wide open.

"I'm 5'7". And clearly NOT a foot shorter than you." Was the first thing she said.

Diana stood in front Remus with her disheveled auburn hair, reddened eyes and solemn expression. Her hazel eyes darted behind Remus's tall figure for a second before taking a look around him. He knew who she was looking for, even though she wouldn't admit it.