Chapter 2: Seriously?

Chapter song: Under The Influence

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had sat through what seemed like endless torture as I heard my sister chat on about this bad boy 'CEO' bastard. I already hate him and I haven't even met him.

I sigh, groaning at the light hangover lingering in my head as I sit up in my bed. My covers are a mess and one pillow is on the other end of the bed, this is what happens when you suffer from insomnia... hopefully I'll be able to sleep longer. If I could, I would sleep for days.

After a moment of stretching, I let out a low yawn, getting up quickly to avoid the little bribing monsters which tell me to stay in bed.

This is the day.

The CEO of this so-called company called 'Arcotex' is hiring for a personal assistant which Amelia seemed rather glad about while downing drink after drink (it was not fun having to explain to her husband why he and their kids had to pick her up).

So, I have to look presentable do I not? A simple blouse top and a black pencil skirt will do fine, of course with makeup, what look isn't perfection with a bit of makeup?

I make a mental note of the time, making my way downstairs and slipping on my black high heels which added a good 3 inches onto my height. I need to get there in an hour and his company is situated around 25 minutes away from my house. I can just tell this is going to be a pain in the ass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make my way casually into the large building, it had a very Roman type of architecture but with a unique modern spin to it. As I slowly take everything in I notice a rather short older woman with long brown hair slicked back into a ponytail, she looks back at me with automatic narrow and distrusting eyes.

Bitchy much. I make my way over, and the sound of clicking is heard every time I take a step in my high heels.

"You're here for the interview?" the shorter woman said in a quick yet stern voice, I returned to her question with a nod.

"Take a right down the corridor then carry on and then take another left. There's a sign outside the waiting room so you won't get lost," she said in a calm voice, a small hint of sternness still slithering in her voice.

I curiously walk through the pristine corridors, following the instructions to the tea and making sharp turns. When I reach the waiting room I notice a man and a woman already sitting down. I assume all 3 of us are after jobs, maybe for different reasons but what's the harm in being friendly?

"Hello," I said professionally as I turned my head to the woman who looked over at me from her phone. She only raises an eyebrow before rolling her eyes and ignoring me.

Well, isn't that just nice?