⌦26

it was around 5pm now, roughly 3 hours since beomgyu coincidentally met up with haeri at the skate shop. the two had been hanging out at haeri's house doing a variety of activities to pass time.

they made ramen as soon as they got to the house to satisfy haeri's hunger and put on a random show they found to watch while they ate. despite the rather large serving of ramen haeri ate, she was still craving something more. specifically cookies.

and so, the pair shared plenty of confusion and laughs as they baked cookies with the dough they had found in her fridge. honestly, it took them longer than it should have to finish making them. but an hour and a half later, they were finally done and now settled down once again on the couch where they mindlessly snacked on their freshly baked treats with their eyes glued to the television.

"surprisingly these might be some of the best cookies i've ever had." haeri said as she reached for another cookie, not even finished with the one currently in her mouth.

beomgyu laughed at the girls almost incomprehensible words but nodded in response nonetheless. "i guess all that time we put into them was worth it after all, huh?" haeri hummed in agreement before the two fell into a comfortable silence once again.

they remained like that for awhile. just quietly sitting side by side on the couch, simply just enjoying the company of the other; the only sounds that filled the room being the wind pushing on the windows and the audio from the tv.

a groan escaped the lips of the girl as she threw herself backwards. "ugh, i think i ate too many cookies..." she complained while simultaneously changing her position, her head now on beomgyu's shoulder. "how could you let me eat that many, gyu?"

the boy shook his head at her rambling as he released a quiet laugh. "you should know your limits better than me. this one's on you." he jokingly pushed her head off his shoulder, earning grumbles of disapproval from haeri in response.

she scooted towards the boy once again and returned to her previous position; instead this time, she interlocked their arms, catching beomgyu a little off guard. however, he had no intention of moving her this time (not that she would let him do so again anyways). rather, he allowed her to do as she pleased, even placing his hand on top of hers in the process.

while haeri was not new to this sort of comfort and affection due to how close she was with huening kai and his family; beomgyu was. this was something entirely foreign to the boy. he had never trusted anyone enough to allow himself to get close to them both emotionally and physically. he prevented himself from doing so awhile ago.

this bond he has with haeri, although only recently discovered, is special. the affection, joy, and comfort it brought to him was incredible; these feelings she provided him with were ones he had never experienced before meeting her.

of course along with all of these new blissful moments and wonderful sensations came with doubts and plenty of nerves as well. worries of her potentially distancing herself from him once she learned his hidden truths flooded his mind constantly. he was aware how overbearing it could be when such things were revealed.

but despite all of those doubts he had, she was the one introduced him to such amazing people who all equally accept and appreciate his presence. she offered her friendship and care to him countless amounts of time. even though there was no reason for her to, she did.