episode 4

episode four | surprise

Previously on 'Single's Inferno 2':

Yoongjae looks down at Aria, a gentle determination in his eyes. "I promise i won't let anyone else come between us when i want to talk to you," he pledges, his words carrying a commitment to prioritizing their connection. "And in return, you should promise me something too."

Aria meets his gaze with curiosity. "What is it?"

"If, after today, you make up your mind, promise me you won't go to Paradise with someone else, okay?" he requests, his sincerity laying bare the depth of his feelings.

-

Jinyoung, seemingly unaware of the brewing storm, confidently points at Aria. "I choose the girl with the pretty eyes..."

-

"How about the sparks you were talking about? Did you feel them?"

At the mention of sparks, Jinyoung's expression softens, his eyes reflecting a mixture of contemplation and nostalgia. With a slow nod, he acknowledges the subtle yet undeniable connection he felt in Aria's presence, a silent acknowledgment of the sparks that ignited between them during their brief encounter.

----

The hosts are frozen in disbelief, their mouths agape and their eyes wide with astonishment. Kyuhyun is the first to break the stunned silence, his voice tinged with a mixture of surprise and excitement. "He confirmed feeling the sparks."

Dahee's smile widens as she gazes at the screen, her mind racing with the implications of Jinyoung's admission. "This is going to change so many things."

Jinkyung nods in agreement, her expression thoughtful as she considers the unfolding dynamics. "Right, Aria-ssi also said he made her heart flutter at one point. I think we're going to have to change our endgame couple, Kyuhyun-ssi."

Kyuhyun's playful demeanor shifts slightly as he responds to Jinkyung's observation, a hint of resignation in his tone. "It's always the new arrivals that turn the events upside down."

----

As Seo-eun leads the way back to the rest of the group, Aria and Jinyoung trail closely behind her, creating a small pocket of privacy amidst the bustling atmosphere of Single's Inferno.

Jinyoung's eyes roam over their surroundings, taking in the sights and sounds with a quiet intensity before turning his attention to the girl walking beside him. "Is there anyone else you're close to besides Yeongjae?" he asks, his voice carrying a hint of curiosity.

Aria meets his gaze, her smile widening at his slight mispronunciation of Yoongjae's name. "It's Yoongjae," she corrects gently, her tone warm and friendly. "And yes, there is someone else I would like to get to know better."

Jinyoung nods, his expression unreadable as he processes her words. A brief silence hangs between them, pregnant with unspoken thoughts and emotions, before he offers her a tentative glance. "Me?" he ventures, the question hanging in the air with a subtle undercurrent of anticipation.

Aria's laughter fills the space between them, her amusement evident in the playful sparkle of her eyes. "No," she replies, her tone light and teasing.

"Not yet, you mean," Jinyoung adds, his words carrying a hint of playful banter.

"You're back!" Hanbin's booming voice suddenly interrupts the conversation, injecting an unexpected energy into the moment. Aria, feeling a twinge of nervousness creeping back, welcomes the interruption. "Was the food good?"