episode 3

episode three | New face

Previously on 'Single's Inferno 2':

Aria, Sejeong, Seo-eun, and So-e remain as the last contestants standing. Sensing Seo-eun's nerves, Aria approaches her with a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Seoeun-ssi, it's just a friendly game," she says.

Seo-eun chuckles nervously, admitting, "I'm so scared of her," with a nod towards Aria.

Returning the smile, Aria gently pushes Seo-eun, causing her to stumble and fall. "Seoeun-ssi, you didn't even try," Aria teases, though her tone remains light-hearted.

Seo-eun laughs, conceding, "I was scared of you," as she dusts off the sand from her clothes.

-

"Dongwoo-ssi, what's your type?" Aria asks while keeping her eyes on the said man.

Dongwoo's response carries a hint of vulnerability as he gathers his thoughts before responding to Aria's question. "Honestly?" He begins, seeking confirmation from her with a nod. "You," he admits without hesitation. "Someone like you, Aria-ssi, both in terms of personality and looks."

-

"What about you, Yoongjae-ssi? What's your type?"

Yoongjae pauses, each moment feeling like an eternity as he weighs his words. The pressure mounts as he considers the delicate balance between impressing Aria and not sumblin gin Dongwoo's shadow. "For me," He begins, his voice betraying the intensity of his internal struggle, "I admire someone who can match my wit, who's not afraid to embrace their playful side yet possesses a bold confidence." His eyes meet Aria's, a mixture of hope and apprehension shining in them. "Aria-ssi, i believe i'm describing you, aren't I?"

-

Facing the camera, Aria pauses, then says, "The person i want to go to Paradise with is..."

"Jo Yoongjae."

----

"Really?" Dahee's incredulous exclamation hangs in the air, echoing the collective surprise. "Jo Yoongjae?" she repeats, her voice tinged with disbelief. "How did this happen?"

Kyuhyun's excitement is palpable; he seems ready to burst through the roof, his eyes fixed on the screen, a wide smile plastered across his face. "I knew it!" he exclaims triumphantly. "I had a feeling it was Yoongjae-ssi all along."

Jinkyung, thoughtful as ever, nods in agreement, offering her own analysis of the situation. "Their chemistry was just undeniable, in my opinion," she muses, her voice thoughtful. "With Dongwoo, Aria seems to have more of an older brother dynamic, perhaps? He's caring and protective, but there's a certain curiosity she has towards Yoongjae-ssi."

Her words hang in the air, inviting further speculation and discussion among the group. Each of them contemplates the dynamics at play, trying to decipher the complexities of Aria's decision.

----

Grinning from ear to ear, Yoongjae emerges from his tent, his eyes immediately locking onto Aria's smiling face by the campfire. "Wow, I think my heart stopped beating in there," he jests, sauntering down towards her.

Aria chuckles, appreciating his attempt to ease the tension. "I think mine did too," she quips as he draws near.

With a broad smile, Yoongjae gestures for Aria to hand over her baggage. "How come?" he inquires, his curiosity evident.