episode 7

episode seven | uneasy

Previously on 'Single's Inferno 2':

As the gentle breeze carries the scent of salt and sand, Aria finds solace in the presence of the person she became so close to.

Yoongjae's gaze returns to meet hers, a soft smile gracing his lips. "You're welcome, Aria-ssi. I've always admired your authenticity and kindness," he says, his voice tender with affection. "It's what sets you apart."

-

Before Aria can respond, Jinyoung's voice cuts through the air as he confidently approaches. His eyes fixate on the sand ahead, exuding an air of self-assurance. "Yoongjae-ssi, mind if I take pretty eyes here away for a moment?" he proposes, gesturing towards Aria with raised eyebrows.

Yoongjae, after a moment's contemplation, nonchalantly shrugs, a subtle hint of annoyance coloring his expression. "If pretty eyes wants to go, then I don't mind," he says, directing his gaze to Aria.

-

In the climactic crescendo of tension, Jinyoung takes a bold step closer to Yoongjae. The air crackles with anticipation, and just as it appears that the situation is about to erupt into physical confrontation, the screen abruptly goes black.

A wave of shock and tension washes over both the audience and the hosts, leaving them on the edge of their seats, suspended in the nerve-wracking aftermath of the unexpected encounter.

The darkness on the screen mirrors the uncertainty that now hangs in the air, marking the end of a chapter filled with dramatic twists and unresolved conflicts.

----

The morning sunlight spills through the windows of the hosts' studio, casting a warm glow that belies the lingering tension from the previous night's cliffhanger. The four hosts sit eagerly, their faces reflecting a mixture of excitement and curiosity, ready to dive into the aftermath of the blackout.

Kyuhyun can barely contain his enthusiasm, his eyes gleaming with anticipation. "I can't believe we left off at that point! What do you think happened?" he asks, addressing his fellow hosts.

Dahee, her mind still replaying the dramatic scene, chimes in with a thoughtful expression. "I have no idea, but it must have been intense. Did you see the way Jinyoung and Yoongjae were about to clash? I've never seen them like that before."

Jinkyung nods, her fingers tapping restlessly on the table. "Absolutely nerve-wracking. I'm dying to know what Aria said to diffuse the situation or if it escalated even further."

Hanhae leans forward, his eyes reflecting a mix of excitement and concern. "Aria-ssi seemed caught between them. I wonder if this will have any lasting impact on her relationships with Jinyoung and Yoongjae."

As they exchange theories and predictions, the atmosphere in the studio buzzes with anticipation. The hosts can hardly wait for the screen to flicker back to life, unveiling the repercussions of the blackout. The unpredictability of "Inferno" keeps them on the edge of their seats, eager to witness the unfolding dynamics that will shape the contestants' journey.

----

In the dim glow of the moonlight, the tension hangs thick in the air as Yoongjae and Jinyoung find themselves locked in a standoff. The campfire, now reduced to glowing embers, casts eerie shadows on their faces, emphasizing the intensity of the moment. Their closeness, almost suffocating, feels like the calm before a storm, with both men on the verge of unleashing a torrent of emotions.